VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Wont Consider Tdiu Until They Get A Formal 21-8940 Tdiu Application.

Rate this question

Steppenwolf

Question

In another TDIU post Berta posted this:

"VA wont consider TDIU until they get a formal 21-8940 TDIU application."

A day or two ago i found a similar statement on a non-hadit page.

i am awaiting a hearing date on a NOD from my june 09 award which i sent in a disagreement about the %. My thinking was: get 70% so i can ask for 100% TDIU. Mostly i've been told that i can not have 100% with my current 50%.

i did not ask for TDIU. Never knew about nor was it suggested to me by any of my POA's to submit this form/request.

i have already claimed to be an idiot. My brain must not be working right but when a veteran goes to a poa, a VSO who is trained to know VA law; then is it too much to expect that they will read all through your files that you have not worked, you will not be able to work, " you have not worked in 39 years " etc. that they will suggest that "we submit form 21-8940 and make the case for TDIU since your work record, VA record, and even service records address not working issues"?

Maybe a case can be made that all veterans need to be responsible to know their own case. On the other hand most of us have been in situations where our buddy is stunned by something unexpected and only we can see what they can not. In the field it can save someone's life. i think this could have changed my whole life had someone seen the bleeding and helped apply the necessary fix until i got the help i needed to help stop me from losing my mind.

Just thinking about "yet another mistake i've made" zaps the life out of me. i beat myself with disbelief til i can't move, i unlpug the phone, lock the doors, close the blinds, take some pills, and crawl up into a ball and wait to pass out so i don't have to face the idiot once again.

is it too late to send VARO the form?

If i was at work now i would not be able to carry on...my mind races out of control and it is best if i'm alone.

PS: It was suggested many years ago to file for SSI or SSDI but i didn't work enough to qualify. My regular SS is 333 dollar a month. Most best 18 years were military and before...starting in 1962. You do the math.

Edited by Steppenwolf

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question