VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call From Amc To Sign And Fax Document For Board Of Appeals?

Rate this question

Guest RJMacReady

Question

Guest RJMacReady

I received a rather strange phone call from the AMC(Appeals Management Center)? to sign and fax a document referred to as a '30 day waiver letter'? for the Veterans Board of Appeals???

I presume that this means that my claim is denied again; which would be rather preposterous given that the injuries are all well documented and obviously occurred as a direct result from performing my duties in the military and through no fault of my own.

14 years of waiting and nonsense and even an apology letter from the VA that it has taken so long for my claims and for losing my records as well; so the VA requests C&P Exams again stating that the rating system had changed significantly since the last time that I submitted my claim and so I complied with their request and sounds like just to get denied again. This is absolutely unbelievable, apparently this must be how the VA gets rid of wounded vets with legitimate claims, they just keep denying your claims until you give up???

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest RJMacReady

Okay, received the soc from amc and it was as I thought a complete denial of benefits, based on their opinions and not that I obviously sustained these injuries while in the military which my medical record clearly shows. Anyway they wanted a rebuttal letter before the appeal goes back to vba and so I sent a harsh worded rebuttal letter about the amc's denial of my benefits that completely contradicts their ridiculous findings and the fact that I have waited 14 years simply to be denied again, bastards!

So I presume that my appeal case is over now or do I still have a chance that the vba can remand the amc's denial and grant me the benefits that I obviously deserve and have waited patiently for and if so how long will that take now?

Veterans benefits should be left up too and decided upon by wounded veterans, not knuckleheads that never served and know nothing about it since it's just a job to them and nothing more and they are clueless about our common struggle.

To all wounded veterans, thank you for your time and help and most of all thank you for your service and since the u.s. government doesn't appreciate our service by not awarding some of us apparently, the rest of us as wounded veterans do appreciate your service despite the inept and negligent u.s. government.

• HadIt.com Elder

The same thing happened to me.

During the 30 days waiver, I went out and secured an Independent Medical Opinion from

an expert in his field. I did mail him all of my military and post military records.

I sent him everything to read and then I went to D.C to meet with him and he did

a complete evaulation of me and sent his report straight to the BVA Judge who granted

me benefits.

I hope this helps you.

Guest RJMacReady

Good idea, I do have an private doctor's exam letter from a few years ago that I will include to send to the vba along with my rebuttal, thank you.

"So I presume that my appeal case is over now or do I still have a chance that the vba can remand the amc's denial and grant me the benefits that I obviously deserve and have waited patiently for and if so how long will that take now?"

Is there any way you can scan and post the denial here as an attachment ? (Cover the personal stuff)

or tell us their exact wording as to the denial?

I have had so many denials and SOCs SSOCs that I always say I could wallpaper my entire bathroom with them.

Don't allow them to discourage you to quit- that is their goal.

Was this on a remand from the BVA? can you give us the BVA docket and citation number or a hyperlink to the remand at the BVA?

Guest RJMacReady

"So I presume that my appeal case is over now or do I still have a chance that the vba can remand the amc's denial and grant me the benefits that I obviously deserve and have waited patiently for and if so how long will that take now?"

Is there any way you can scan and post the denial here as an attachment ? (Cover the personal stuff)

or tell us their exact wording as to the denial?

I have had so many denials and SOCs SSOCs that I always say I could wallpaper my entire bathroom with them.

Don't allow them to discourage you to quit- that is their goal.

Was this on a remand from the BVA? can you give us the BVA docket and citation number or a hyperlink to the remand at the BVA?

Just a typical va denial of double talk giving ridiculous reasons as to the claim being invalid, like not going to the va enough even though it was several hundred miles away, patient is exaggerating the pain, patient only seen a few times in the military for condition, xrays look normal even though xrays are not as effective as mri's, in their opinion the patient is fine, crap like that, you know since you've also dealt with their bs nonsense and nothing could be further from the truth concerning their examination findings.

No, I wont let them discourage me, it just really makes me angry is all as to how ignorantly stupid and inept that these so called va doctors are and that they have NO business handling our exams or influencing our cases, not to mention the myriads of other injured veterans that get jerked around as well over the years and some of which have sadly given up because the va refuses to give them the benefits that they obviously deserve, yet as veterans we have served our country altruistically.

I believe that the bva requested another c&p which was done and then which was sent to the amc who denied everything and is now waiting for my disagreement letter attached to my private doctors statement to go to the bva.