VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fun And Games

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the VARO today to see about my NOD on the heart issue I have been fighting since Nov 2002, they told me all claims are closed as of 3 April when they awarded me the 100% P&T for PTSD, and I said like hell no, the heart issue was seperate and has always been seperate that it was on appeal to the BVA, they said nope not anymore. I am like here is the paperwork to NOD that, you have to go thru your DAV rep, No I don;t, and I revoked his POA right then and there. Man can they find new fun and games can't they, the heart issue is what is going to kill me plus it is another year of eligibility I filed it in Nov 2002 and due to a lzy american legion SO he didn;t file the PTSD claim in July 2003 liked we asked, I revoked his POA in Dec 2003 and filed it myself, that is the only claim approved so far. They can play all they want but Admiral Cooper is in the middle of it now, lets see what lies they tell him....

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Veteran

When I was close to getting my 100%. The VARO asked me if I wanted to re open my PTSD issue that was denied by them 2 years earlyer. I declined. The 100% claim that was approved has back pay issues gong back 22 years. The PTSD issue would be only 5 years. I could see the VA gluming onto the PTSD issue and rateing me on that to take away the back pay or lessen it on the other issue.

The VA spliting issues or in your case pulling them all together is uselly used to cut benifts from the vet. In your case if you could die due to a heart condition they had refused to rate. You have to wait 10 years to get Widow benifits. You are right to challenge them on that.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry thanks for your support, I have been told I am putting my "new" 100%P&T rating at risk by pursuing this, and I am like yea and so? They will look pretty stupid awarding me P&T one month and then try taking it away the next month or two because I am appealing their refusal to address the heart issue. You are right after all this the heart issue was and is the main issue to make sure my wife and son are cared for, the PTSD I have always felt was secondary to the heart problems.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wow imagine telling you that you can't file your own NOD. What angers me the most is the people SO's or VA nitwits will tell you something wrong and actually think that they are helping you. I wish I had a buck for evry wrong opinion I have gotten.

Don't give up.