VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Needs Vaf21-8940

Rate this question

Lyndenrider

Question

My last post got kinda long, so I decided to post a new topic/thread, even though my previous situation still continues [i already meet the SC requirement of TDIU]...

Here is the lastest in my struggle:

Last week I received a letter from the Seattle VARO stating they needed VAF 21-8940 [TDIU form] to be completed and returned if I wanted to be considered for TDIU. Problem is, I sent it to them with my original claim back in October 2009. I even called my POA [the DAV] and they verified that the form was in my file and was date stamped October 29,2009.

I am told now that my file will now sit ANOTHER 30 days before it will be ready to be looked at again. mad.gif

I might also add that my file did go to the rater, but was sent back to the Adjudicator.

My question is:

Is them sending me a letter asking for it a good sign? Or is it a sign that they are confused? Or is this just standard procedure? unsure.gif

Thanks!

Lyndenrider

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Send them the TDIU form back with the info as soon as you can.

It looks to me that you have a VERY good chance for a TDIU award.

Under # 18 check Yes and then under # 25 Remarks yo can refer them to separate page, put you name, address and C file number on it and tell them of the side affects of those meds you take and anything else they should consider (I even have documentation in my VA medical file from my VA Psychiatrist stating, in plain English, that I am UNEMPLOYABLE!)

You could attach a copy of that evidence to the TDIU form.

Even if they have all the evidence, they don't read it unless we make it impossible for them to ignore it.

Make sure your rep has a copy of the filled out TDIU form and get a USPS tracking slip or some proof of mailing it back to the VARO.

Edited by Berta