VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim?

Rate this question

thom724

Question

I'm a combined 80% (soon to by 90%) vet with one service connected disability rated at 60%. I want to file for TDIU but I need some help and this website has helped a lot but need other answers. I can't quit my job because we can't survive without my current paycheck but would get by on TDIU and my wife making a little cash doing ebay selling. What's the best option for me and TDIU? File a claim while working? Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I'm a combined 80% (soon to by 90%) vet with one service connected disability rated at 60%. I want to file for TDIU but I need some help and this website has helped a lot but need other answers. I can't quit my job because we can't survive without my current paycheck but would get by on TDIU and my wife making a little cash doing ebay selling. What's the best option for me and TDIU? File a claim while working? Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated.

I can tell you from experience that the VA won't even consider TDIU if you are working. You must be considered unemployable by definition. Others will chime in but it is my opinion that you must not be working. You have a tough choice to make I know I've been there. Good luck

/doc

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know how you apply for IU if you are still working. If you could apply and borrow money until you get your IU that might work. This is a catch 22 that jams up a lot of vets. What will have to happen is you retire on disability from your job and apply. Maybe apply for schedular 100%. It will probably take at least 6 months to get IU from the time you file. It could be much longer.