VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Refusal Of Examination By Nurse Practitioner

Rate this question

dwragon

Question

? Is there anything out there (ie Reg) that says a person who shows up for a cnp cannot refuse the examination when they find out it is to be done by a nurse practitioner instead of a real doctor. (I dont want to waste any more time going to real doctors outside of the va to refute someones incomplete knowledge.)

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Here is my solution.

1. Show up

2. Let your NP/w Doctor co-signer do your C&P.

3. Get a copy of C&P 10 after with FOIA, from the VAMC Records office.

4. If you don't like what is written, then rebut with an IME/IMO...

5. Wait for decision

6. Survive and don't burn out....

Edited by Stretch

• HadIt.com Elder

When bad advice is given on Hadit it is imperative that the person learn that they are mistaken. Unless someone gives advice accompanied by written regulations all it adds up to is an opinion. There used to be a Veteran who consistently advised Veterans to turn them selves into the Court and not take the steps necessary to work a claim. He would not stop and now he is no longer here. It is a shame cause he went through hell and was mistreated by the VA.

I am going to ask anyone who wants to advise any one not to attend a C&P because in their opinion they think a NP is not qualified to stop.No more Hadit insists that not missing a C&P is critical to your claim. Why poke a stick in the VA's eye it is already adversarial enough.

I am closing this thread. I should have done it sooner.