• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
spsgt

Will Type 2 Diabetes Be The Next Target ?

Question

After reading Senator Webbs comments on the 3 new presumptives it make me wonder if he or someone else will attempt to reverse type 2 diabetes as a presumptive.....I hope not...but you never can tell ???

5 answers to this question

No, I think DmII is a done deal. The cost of the DMII is what probably made them want to question the newer conditions. They realize that most RVN vets will die from SC condition and they will be on the hook for DIC to a million widows. If they can delay or reverse IHD that will save the VA money which is all they think about.

Ad

I hope your right John.......but I dont trust those SOBs !!

After reading Senator Webbs comments on the 3 new presumptives it make me wonder if he or someone else will attempt to reverse type 2 diabetes as a presumptive.....I hope not...but you never can tell ???

The VA did everything it could to delay and fought presumptives to the last gasp.

Given the opportunity, it will happen again.

Why do they need regs for IHD?

Because the current regs and medical information are such that the direct causes of IHD are individually compensatable.

(There must have been a heck of a flap inside the VA when the Secretary first decided to make IHD presumptive.)

And if logic is followed (Not a VA strong point!) the direct medical causes, such as CAD, must also be inferred to be presumptive to A.O.

By medical practice, they then also become due compensation. The VA, I suspect, is trying to see how they can minimize costs.

After all, with out changing current regs, an "honest" evaluation can easily result in multiple heart problems associated with IHD that each

are 100%. When this occurs, in theory, the veteran is due not only the 100%, but also additional special schedule compensation.

Due to the "catastrophic" combinations of high disability weights under the present schedule.

I can just see the NODs and lowball ratings causing the NODs when the VA starts actually rating IHD.

No wonder the Secretary is promoting veteran unfrendly changes to the appeal process!

By VA standards, IHD is a monster threatening the VA's ways of doing "business".

You are right-

an Ischemic nature of the heart with atherosclerosis can cause a stroke in the brain.

All the medical rationale for that statement is in both my original 1995 claim and my 2003 claim.

My husband's CVA stroke was totally disabling by medical evidence and his IHD from DMII had to be at least at 60% until it became fatal.

All of these conditions were-as my awards show- due not only to piss poor VA medical care (documented malpractice 1995 claim)but also due to malpractice on conditions they never diagnosed.(2010 Award)

I have to file with the Secretary a Petition for Equitable Relief before the VA will properly acknowledge and rate his IHD and CVA.

That is why a veteran should file claims for anything secondary to the IHD which could be any strokes they have suffered because a CVA is more then likely due to the ischemic nature of IHD to cause clotting, and blockage to the arteries in the brain- ie Stroke occurs.

Although the VA's own projection of the cost of AO IHD is quite high- I think they are off by millions and are hoping veterans do not find any association between IHD and other conditions they have that could be claimed as secondary.

There are certainly vets out there catastrophically disabled by NSC strokes yet might well have IHD from Vietnam service that ultimately caused their strokes.

To many- the heart is located far from the brain and there cant be a connection. I have 14 years of medical evidence and personal research (as well as any real doctor in the standard medical community would agree)that heart disease can have a profound influence on the brain and can cause cerebral disability.

The question was is VA going to try and roll back SC on DmII due to AO? How could they do that? Would vets have to return compensation money? Undoing regs on DMII would be a nightmare for VA. It is easier to stop something from happening than to undo something that has been in place for almost ten years. If the VA undid regs on DMII they would have to also undo all the compensation awards for secondary condtions. You talk about a mess. What about DIC awarded due to DMII?