VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Eval

Rate this question

hp1030

Question

Fellow veterans:

Hi to all. I had a C&P Psych eval recently and the Doctor was extremelly interested in regards to my alcohol use and my preference for "dark" women.(??????) She asked me less than 5 questions...one was, and this is no joke... to spell Bob backwards, another to count backwards from 100. :mellow: She had no knowledge of the computer program she was using, so the computer guy came in the office at least five times

interupting the interview.

I explained to her some strange thoughts I had after taking some meds..and she replied,,,"If you are going to kill yourself you bettter have a good plan, I've heard a lot of bad plans lately from Veterans. I can give you at least 10 good ways to do it right now...!" With this she finioshed the "interview" and asked me out.

Should I write about this on my NOD? It this base for an innapropiate evaluation for rating purposes ? Should I keep quiet...? What do you think, any info will be greatly appreciated.

HP

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I might have told her my fantasy was to kill myself and take my psychiatrist with me. I know that I too have been shocked by unprofessional C&P exams. Now I am ready to tell them I am getting my lawyer involved if they mention fraud or any such crap. Your C&P exam doctor is a disgrace and you should report her to the AMA, the VA OIG and anyone else you can think of now.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask if you can record the exam. If the doctor says OK then it's OK. If they say NO then you just pout the recorder away. You can take notes. There is no law against that. I used to take notes during my workers compensation exams so I could remember what the bastards said and not forget details.

As for the witness, I always smile sweetly and explain that I have a tendency to forget things later and that I need someone who'll remember it for me. And often need a driver to get there.

Doctors have always left it up to me whether or not to let them in the room.

• HadIt.com Elder

John999

I have had two psychiatrists get up and walk out of an appointment because they were scared. I did not say anything about having a fastasy involving homicide. I will bet if you said anything about homicide they would get up and leave. They are probably taught to do so in school.

Adora

Did you find anything about the reg. on recording. When I went to Private investigator school in 1993 we were taught that federal law allowed a conversation to be recorded WITHOUT the permission of all parties. California law req

• HadIt.com Elder

Whoops I hit the enter key.

California law required that all parties be notified. The state laws varied from state to state. Some states required all partiesro be notified some states did not. I went to PI school on 1993 so things could have changed. This would be a good reg to have clarified. I wonder what the courts would do if there were contridictory federal laws. I will try and find the reg. that I was taught in PI school.