VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Ratings

Rate this question

jalexand

Question

On this forum I have read where someone states that under VA disability ratings on IHD, if you have an ejection fraction (EF) of less than 30% you qualify for 100% disability and if you have between 30% and 60% ef then you qualify for 60% disability, etc. I have searched in vain to find where this information is found among the VA's documents on-line. Can someone please provide the link to this information?

Thanks,

Jim

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

On this forum I have read where someone states that under VA disability ratings on IHD, if you have an ejection fraction (EF) of less than 30% you qualify for 100% disability and if you have between 30% and 60% ef then you qualify for 60% disability, etc. I have searched in vain to find where this information is found among the VA's documents on-line. Can someone please provide the link to this information?

Thanks,

Jim

Click on the Agent Orange link and it will so the IHD rating.

Thanks,

Jim

I am not all the savy on links, hope this works for you.

hey jim,

heres the current regs, note that it is for CAD not IHD but it is condisered the same thing really.

7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (Coronary artery disease):

With documented coronary artery disease resulting in:

Chronic congestive heart failure, or; workload of 3 METs or less results

in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular

dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent.......................... 100

More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year,

or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs

results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left

ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent............... 60

Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results

in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of

cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electrocardiogram,

echocardiogram, or X-ray................................................................................... 30

Workload of greater than 7 METs but not greater than 10 METs results

in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; continuous

medication required............................................................................................ 10

Note: If nonservice-connected arteriosclerotic heart disease is superimposed on service-connected valvular or other non-arteriosclerotic heart disease, request a medical opinion as to which condition is causing the current signs and symptoms.

This info is found here: http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html#o under cardiovascular system, click on the schedule of ratings, MS word will open a document scroll down to CAD.

Have the regs been published and official.

Sandra, the regs. have not been finalized yet. Speculation has it around October. All the regs. will do is add the three new diseases to the presumptive list. Those diseases will be rated as they always have in the past.