VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Housebound Question, But Not Yet Tdui

Rate this question

USMCMustanger

Question

Since my last two strokes, I have been receiving home health care visits for occupational and physical therapy. I also still have several more appointments at the VAMC. The Nuerologist sent me home with a letter stating that "by law, I am being reported to the Department of motor vehicles as a danger to myself and others by driving. I had a stroke while driving to an appointment. I did not lose conciousness, have a wreck, or anything close to that. My RSO has said that I will probably receive a letter from DMV to surrender my license.

Question: The VAMC is 70 miles away, C&P exams are another place 60 miles away, and I have numerous appointments until late July. There is no bus service from the town I live in, so if I lose my driver's license, How can I make these appointments? Where do I get an answer from VA? Do I qualify as housebound for this??

Just another fun day in paradise

Rick

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Founder

sometimes i have trouble driving :mellow: and i call the DAV van and schedule them to pick me up and drop me off at appointments it is a great service...perhaps they have something like that in your area.

• HadIt.com Elder

Make a claim for housebound and you will find out what hoops you have to jump through to get it. You ususally need to be 100% SC for a start.

John, T-bird,

Thanks for the info. I have an appointment next week with the Social Worker at the VAMC. Over the phone, she gave several options for transportation and will have more answers next week. REALLY HELPFUL.

Meanwhile I'll wait for outcome of the % of C&P then apply for housebound. Makes sense John. I guess the stroke has made the VA a little jumpy--I have so many home health visits I'm having trouble keeping up

with when-I-go-where and when-they-come-here.