VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao, Ihd And Va Compnsation

Rate this question

jalexand

Question

I have spent a lot of time reading through posts on this site and others and have yet to come up with an answer to the question of whether anyone has specific knowledge of ANYONE who is receiving VA Comp as a result of the coorelation of AO and IHD. I posted this on another web site today and thought I would post it here as well. Maybe someone out there has an answer?

As a Vietnam Vet who was exposed to Agent Orange (AO) and also have suffered from heart disease since I was 37, I guess I too have a dog in this fight. However, with that being said I feel that there is more to this issue than maybe meets the eye.

Heart Disease in aging males is not a new condition. In fact, just the opposite, it has been a disease that has been fought against for years. My own father, who never got anywhere near AO suffered a major infarct when he was in his early 40's. My grandfather died of an attack at age 53. So, I view any fight with the VA to gain disability compensation for IHD as a service connected disability as an uphill battle all the way.

I am aware of the recent announcement of the VA's intent to link IHD to AO and make it a presumed condition as a result of exposure, but yet from all I read I have yet to read of one single case of a Vet being able to establish that link and be successful in a Claim for compensation as a result of that link. So where is the VA getting this info and why would they suddenly announce this intent when they have yet to acknowledge the link by approving even one single claim?

If anyone knows of one claim of AO exposure being established as responsible for post-service onset of IHD and the VA approving it and paying compensation, please let us know.

Jim

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

From what I understand AO presumption for IHD has been put on hold and Congress or someone is trying to rescind the presumption. I personally think it'll be a couple of yrs before any claims are processed and awarded, that is if it's not rescinded.

pr

I have spent a lot of time reading through posts on this site and others and have yet to come up with an answer to the question of whether anyone has specific knowledge of ANYONE who is receiving VA Comp as a result of the coorelation of AO and IHD. I posted this on another web site today and thought I would post it here as well. Maybe someone out there has an answer?

As a Vietnam Vet who was exposed to Agent Orange (AO) and also have suffered from heart disease since I was 37, I guess I too have a dog in this fight. However, with that being said I feel that there is more to this issue than maybe meets the eye.

Heart Disease in aging males is not a new condition. In fact, just the opposite, it has been a disease that has been fought against for years. My own father, who never got anywhere near AO suffered a major infarct when he was in his early 40's. My grandfather died of an attack at age 53. So, I view any fight with the VA to gain disability compensation for IHD as a service connected disability as an uphill battle all the way.

I am aware of the recent announcement of the VA's intent to link IHD to AO and make it a presumed condition as a result of exposure, but yet from all I read I have yet to read of one single case of a Vet being able to establish that link and be successful in a Claim for compensation as a result of that link. So where is the VA getting this info and why would they suddenly announce this intent when they have yet to acknowledge the link by approving even one single claim?

If anyone knows of one claim of AO exposure being established as responsible for post-service onset of IHD and the VA approving it and paying compensation, please let us know.

Jim

Jax - I have found appellate cases do not have the case #'s, but you can look there in the VA website. Also found appeallate cases where CAD/IHD was awarded as secondary to PTSD. That will be my next option if this fails.