VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sen-Webb-Questions-New-Benefit-Vietnam-Vets

Rate this question

vet12

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes- we dont want anyone to think Sen Webb is trying to mess around with PTSD comp.

I believe this info has been posted in the Agent Orange forum.

Veterans have overwhelemed Webb's office with faxes, emails if constituents, phone calls and letters.

Sure he doesn't want to demean any Vietnam vet's service-he just wants to suggest they don't deserve IHD comp.

His contact info is available in the other forum.

More info is at VA Watchdog site

• HadIt.com Elder

It really chaps me when I see the argument that because a lot of people have this problem that it should not be service connected. What Sen Webb is missing is the fact that VA knows and knows damn well that the per centage of Veterans exposed to Agent Orange is much higher than the general population.What happened to the benefit of the doubt going to the Veteran and not hiding behind well maybe or maybe not so you can't have it.

Next thing you know they will deny it cause there may be a history of heart disease in the Veterans Family.

I noticed the numbers of dollars.

What other statistics are they basing the new coverage on?

Historically, the VA has had to be hit over the head with evidence to service connect anything.

Especially something that could cost billions.

I would love to see the complete arguments from both sides.

Webb may have been left out of the loop when the current secretary was selected.

Nothing pisses off a politician more than being ignored.

I see this whole thing as a childish pissin contest.

If the secretary is willing to service connect something for Viet Nam vets and Webb is a Nam vet, where in the hell is the problem?

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

It is just about the money! He has a great pension and the best health care in the world. When he retires from the Senate he gets to keep unspent campaign contributions as income. Nice job there Senator. How many bribes can you accumulate in six years? He should have his head cut off. That would be good therapy for many in Washington.

The article states that Webb says that as of 2009, 262,000 Vietnam Vets were being compensated for diabetes, that 10% of the men who were there! I DONT THINK SO THERE MR WEBB !!! As of 2009 there were approx 850,000 Vietnam vets alive............lets see here....262,000/850,000 were being compensated. I think thats more than the national average for folks who have diabetes. This speaks for itself !!!!!!