VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Vso No Help

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I found out today that I have a new veteran service officer; I took a copy of my remand hoping that my VSO would agree that my remand was a good thing. The service officer that I normally talked to has retired and I got a new service officer that never heard of a waiver of regional office consideration. She said she knew very little about CUE claims and since I was 100% did not know why I had filed a CUE claim. I corrected her and told her that my claims have been on appeal since 2006 and I just filed for sleep apnea due to the fact that it could lead to a heart attack, stroke or death. We never know what the future will hold, but I was thinking that, it was a waste of my time to get out of bed, leave home in this hot heat just to hear her dance around, "I don't know what you are trying to do". Cue claims, if awarded depending on the rating and the effective date could be a very nice retro check, even if I don't get a monthly increase. I am trying to get what VA owes me for all those months they had my evidence and did not pay me correctly. Needless to say that I hope either the VARO or BVA do the right thing so I will never have to go back to her. I know some may say all remands are good because they did not agree with the VARO denial but I am still trying to rap my head around this remand and try to figure out what it is saying. I know, I have to wait for my new decision from VA but I am still anxious.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Wow, that sounds like some of my old VSO visits. I actually drove to the adjacent county and visited with their VSOs because I had problems getting appointments with mine. Not only did I get right in to see someone, but I found they were considerably more knowledgeable and a whole lot more friendly.