VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Notice Posted To Federal Register 6/15/10

Rate this question

mozartplayer

Question

This VA notice was posted to the Federal Register today 6/15/10 having to do with a medical questionnaire for each of the 3 new presumptive diseases, to be completed by the veterans physician after the new reg is implemented in an attempt to reduce processing time of each claim involving any of the three new diseases and to possibly avoid having to be examined by a VA physician. That's how I interpret it, right or wrong. Deadline for posting comments to the notice via regulations.gov is 6/29/10. My compensation claim filed on basis of both prostate cancer and hairy cell leukemia has been pending since 8/1/09 so anything that would speed it up would be welcome to me. I realize that my claim is awaiting implementation of the new reg, assuming the new reg is not delayed indefinitely, if not killed entirely which I don't think will happen. Too far advanced in the process to get killed now although I've been wrong more than once.

[Federal Register: June 15, 2010 (Volume 75, Number 114)][Notices] [Page 33897-33898]From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov][DOCID:fr15jn10-166] =======================================================================-----------------------------------------------------------------------DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS[OMB Control No. 2900--New (21-0960a-c)] Agency Request for Emergency Approval of an Information CollectionAGENCY: Department of Veterans Affairs.ACTION: Notice and request for comments.-----------------------------------------------------------------------SUMMARY: In compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501-3521), this notice announces that the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will submit to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) the following emergency proposal for the collection of information under the PRA. The reason for the emergency clearance is to allow VA to collect information from private physicians in the form of making available standardized disability benefits questionnaires that private physicians can complete at the request and consent of individual veterans applying for VA disability benefits. The medical information provided by the private physicians will be used as supporting medical documentation for veterans' disability claims.DATES: Comments should be submitted on or before June 29, 2010.ADDRESSES: Submit written comments on the collection of information through http://www.Regulations.gov or to VA's OMB Desk Officer, OMB Human Resources and Housing Branch, New Executive Office Building, Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503 (202) 395-7316. Please refer to ``OMB Control No. 2900-New (21-0960a-c)'' in any correspondence.FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Denise McLamb, Enterprise Records Service (005R1B), Department of Veterans Affairs, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20420, (202) 461-7485, FAX (202) 273-0443 or e-mail denise.mclamb@va.gov. Please refer to ``OMB Control No. 2900-New (21-0960a-c)'' in any correspondence.SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Titles: a. Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960A. b. Hairy Cell and Other B-Cell Leukemias Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960B. c. Parkinson's Disease Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960C. OMB Control Number: 2900--New (21-0960a-c). Type of Review: New collection. Abstract: In connection with The Agent Orange Act of 1991, Public Law No. 102-4, VA will publish a Final Rule establishing presumptive service connection for the following diseases based on herbicide exposure: Hairy cell leukemia and other chronic B-cell leukemias, Parkinson's disease, and ischemic heart disease. In order to more expeditiously process claims related to these three new presumptive diseases, VA has designed three corresponding Disability Benefits Questionnaires for use by private physicians at the request and consent of veterans applying for VA benefits. Veterans will have the option of providing these Disability Benefits Questionnaires to their private physicians for completion and submission to VA in lieu of scheduling a VA medical examination. Given the large number of claims VA anticipates for the three new presumptive diseases, the Disability Benefits Questionnaires will assist in expediting claims processing because veterans who choose to have the Disability Benefits[[Page 33898]]Questionnaires completed by private physicians will avoid any VA examination scheduling delays. Affected Public: Individuals or households. Estimated Annual Burden: a. Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960A--13,750. b. Hairy Cell and Other B-Cell Leukemias Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960B--500. c. Parkinson's Disease Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960C--1,250. Estimated Average Burden per Respondent: 15 minutes. Frequency of Response: On occasion. Estimated Number of Respondents: a. Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960A--55,000. b. Hairy Cell and Other B-Cell Leukemias Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960B--2,000. c. Parkinson's Disease Disability Benefits Questionnaire, VA Form 21-0960C--5,000. Dated: June 10, 2010. By direction of the Secretary.Denise McLamb,Program Analyst, Enterprise Records Service.[FR Doc. 2010-14316 Filed 6-14-10; 8:45 am]BILLING CODE 8320-01-P<BR class=Apple-interchange-newline>

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Every day they VA waits they save money on a dead veteran. This is what motivates the bean counters. Do spouses know they can carry on their vet's claim in some form? The VA would not tell them I bet. You should not have to wait a year on leukemia.

So.....any idea what this really means with regard to these three illnesses being compensated, ie, when does this become Law and the VA start processing and paying claims? I had heard that it would be like October and it had something to do with it being published in the "Federal Register". Is this the posting in the FR that has been discussed?

By the way, I looked up one the new forms 21-0960A on the VA web site under forms, but it does not exist there.

Jim