VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Challenge Denied Sc

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

The VA did not SC my vertigo, although they gave me 10% SC on my DDD in my C5C6C7.

They defered my left shoulder pain, but gave me 20% for my right shoulder, radiating from my neck. I can not sleep on my left side for the pain, it hurts when I drive too long and sometimes tingles like it's falling asleep, when I drive.

They gave me 10% for tinnitus, and claimed that the pain I feel/hear in my right ear with moderate to loud noise as tinnitus. The best I can describe the pain is a noise like crackling wax paper. I felt that the two are seperate from each other.

I thought that they would have been able to wrap my DDD and tinnitus all together with Cervical Vertigo - that the MD during my C & P suggested it was.

They denied right wrist pain. In most of the denials they said that there was no post service medical records to review. I feel like I hosed myself by filling so late.

Anyways, there is an entry on my AF medical records for each of these. How best to proceed? Is there a specific form I need to use AND do I need to start to make appointments at my Doc now? BTW: All the reading about Cervical Vertigo indicates slim choices for treatment... that's why I mainly just "delt with it".

You all dish out great advice here, thank you.

PS If helpful, I can provide C & P notes and my letter.

George

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Can you tell us exactly what the actual C & P exam said as to the suggestion at the C & P exam?

"I thought that they would have been able to wrap my DDD and tinnitus all together with Cervical Vertigo - that the MD during my C & P suggested it was."

C n P exam stated: "The veteran's current symptoms are most consistent with cervical vertigo vs. muscle tension, and not an otologic source. His episode in 2001 was most likely a vestibular neuronitis, which has resolved."

I'll post the denial letter comments tomorrow, I seem to have left that letter at work....

C n P exam stated: "The veteran's current symptoms are most consistent with cervical vertigo vs. muscle tension, and not an otologic source. His episode in 2001 was most likely a vestibular neuronitis, which has resolved."

I'll post the denial letter comments tomorrow, I seem to have left that letter at work....

OK, I found it: I had a bad spell in 2001 of vertigo. They DENIED me for vestibular neuronitis But I feel, as my Doc stated, I have cervical vertigo, and should have been considered for that. I also took a ding for no post service medical records.

Thank you Berta, for your interest.

George

I think they were looking for more episodes of the vestibular neuronitis.

They did rule out any ear problem involvement so that would leave the DDD as possible reason for vertigo but -was the vertigo primarily one incident?

If so, they will not consider one incident as evidence of a vertigo disability in my opinion.

Did you claim hearing loss too? If so did they give you an audio C & P to actually determine if there is a hearing loss and if the vertigo could actually be an inner ear problem?

Still I dont see if there is only one incident of vertigo how VA would consider that as a disability on it's own.

I had a hearing test, with losses in the frq that is normally associated with tinnitas. They ignored my ear pain. Since my vestibular neuronitis was so severe, it's the one that got heavily documented and tested. It resolved, the dizzy spells that I get have not. I'll see how this all pans out.

The folks at the DAV explained it to me like this:

The vestibular neuronitis DID reslove. The only thing I could challange was that, for this claim. They'd take 2 years to look at my challange and just deny it again. What I need to do is work on SCing the 2 neck injuries to my dizzy spells, aka the Cervical Vertigo - and then file a claim for that. Seemed logical to me.

The rep also said that the defered rating on my left shoulder is "just out there" no telling how long it could be hanging. Apparently you can't prod them to move on it either.

I did file for SC hypertension, as my high BP was documented months before I got out. My BP has been pretty good since I got back on the meds in March. I'll wait for another C & P exam for that now.

The DAV seemed pretty busy and this was my first visit to their office. They gave me the impression for being on the ball. Still, I like THIS site. The accumulated knowledge is increible!