VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Disability Commission Benefits

Rate this question

mssoup1

Question

I went into the commission's website this morning and looked at the bio's of each member. Interesting reading. I was surprised to find out that Rick Surratt was a DAV SO for 13 years in Roanoke, Virginia. He is also a life member of the DAV in Salem, Virginia. Both of these cities are not very far from where I live.

I don't know anything about him, but do know quite a few people who are members of this DAV. I am going to ask around to see if anyone knows much about him. After all, he is one who voted on this SSDI review and this could essentially have an impact on my husband. Of course I don't want to jump the gun as he may be one of the 2 who voted against the review. I would really like to think that he was one of these 2.

Again, I was just curious if others had actually read the bio's on these members. It's confusing to me how someone could be such a big part of a National Service Organization (like the DAV) who is totally against this review, yet they could vote for the review. Again, since no one seems to know who the 2 members were, it is speculation on anyone's part at this point. It sure will be nice if and when we do get the details on how each member voted.

mssoup1

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I imagine the commission members whored themselves out in order to get some government contract job or something of that nature. I think the ones who voted to open up the SSDI question should probably be hanged in public after being whipped. I wrote the commission and told them this. No polite response yet ,but no FBI at my door either. We all have a right to our opinion. The commission members do not care about the opinion of disabled vets and that they have proved.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jesse Brown was a disabled Veteran who was the head man at the DAV and it did not take hime a week to flip to the VA Government point of view. The only VA man I care about is Principi and he surprised the hell out of me and Bush also I bet.

• HadIt.com Elder

Look at Max Cleland. What exactly did he ever do for disabled veterans when he was the Secretary of the VA? You would think that disabled vets would not screw over other disabled vets, but money and Washington politics corrupts them by and large. I think that all the VSO's oppose the VDBC looking in to SSDI but what are they going to do about it. If they want to start a grass roots campaign to fight this thing I would volunteer and support but I don't think they have the credibility with vets. Principi was the only one who ever answered my emails (maybe not personally) and really got some quick answers. I belonged to all three of the big VSO's AL, VFW, and DAV and I went to meetings. It was just BS and getting drunk. AL was more concerned with the boy scouts than with vets. They used to argue about who was going to fix the buzzer on the back door of the lounge.

John, we were talking about these issues in my Vet Outreach last week. It's time for the veterans to step up and do it, but who in the world is going to do that. They've even got the Vet population split against each other. Those that are not disabled, cast a wary and sometimes spiteful eye at the number of Veterans on disability now. Especially if they find out they get 100%. PTSD? That one really gets them going.