VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

I have C&P exam this monday coming up. What should I know,bring ect... I do wear knee braces and my range of motion (ROM) is limited. Any advice???

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

The C&P Doc doesn't know anything about you before you get in his/her office. I had a C&P last week that I feel went great. I took copies of X-Rays, X-Ray reports, copies of my doctor's reports, etc. I highlighted the important parts. The C&P Doc told me he wished every vet would do the same thing. It makes his job so much easier.

While I was sitting there he dictated his report and it included comments from my own doc's.

Also, if he moves your legs or touches your knees, say OW!

I have C&P exam this monday coming up. What should I know,bring ect... I do wear knee braces and my range of motion (ROM) is limited. Any advice???

You have about an hour to show them the impact that your injury has on your day to day life. I suggest that if you take pain meds, you stop taking them the day before the exam. Remember you want him to see your injury at its worst, and pain meds ease the pain. Also, bring copies of all submitted documents, because you might have stuff that "never" made it into your file. Make sure to wear the braces.

JMO,

Bergie

Guess what?? The exam was for my hernia!!! WOW.... They said the others will be scheduled later.

Sheesh!! :unsure:

The doc said they purposely dont put in the notice as to what the exam is for so vets dont "prep" for it.

Edited by ranger11bv

I just got done with my knee C&P exam. Come to find out, the doc has family were Im from!! He did a good exam, but Ill go over it better when I have a copy of it. Also, he said that he is there to record a "snapshot" of what is going on, not my whole life. So, that being said, he noticed that my knee was only flexing to 60 degrees, what ever that means and said my right knee sounded like Rice Crispies!! Ewww!! He pulled and pressed and had me push against his hand; ( that HURT like a mother ****!!) I then went to xrays, got them done and that was pretty much it.