VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scheduled For C And P

Rate this question

matt

Question

Had a Voice Message Yesterday informing me of an upcoming Appointment at the Winston Salem VA outpateint clinic or June 24 Tursday at 1:00pm. I wasnt;'t sure if I had set one up. I have yet to receive the usual letter explaining the appt. I was told to bring in social security numbers for my wife and children as well as marriage certificate and annual household earrnings and health insurance information.

I called this morning and apparently i have 2 C and P's for tomorrow. they just told me on tuesday....very frustrating. I am total of 60% 50 for PTSD and 10 for tinnitue. I currneyl have a claim for orthopedic as well as to up my PTSD. has anybody ever experienced this, or had the VA ask for SSN numbers for all fmaily members, sicne they already have them as well as health insurance information and total household income?

thanks matt

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It doesnt make any sense.

By law the VA cannot charge an insurance company for a C and P exam and the RO is the only one who needs your family's social security numbers unless the hospital is a champ va participent and your family is beneficiaries of that program.

I would get that employees name and report them.

J

Good luck tomorrow, Matt. I hope you get a good exam and are granted the benefits you deserve.

okay ya'll, just got back from the C & P's...

Turns out the first one was for PTSD increase. This time, the Dr, informed me that we had a lot of questions to go thru and to respond appropriately, as we only had 1 hr until my next appt. so off we went. it was basically the MMPI questions relating to how things have been since my last C and P in March 09 for PTSD. I told her everything. So, we shall see....

The second C and P was for my feet, the dr examined them, sent me for X-rays, asked the basic questions.

the reason they called and didn't send a letter is apparently they had some cancelations and they worked me in. The sad fact is I put the claim in and it was accepted on Nov 1, that is almost 9 months...a little backed up ya think....the first time around i thought took long, it's now that is taking longer. i thought the VA was working on reducing the back log, guess that idea looks better in press releases than actually in reality....

So, now I am waiting for a couple more C and P's and then a rating.

Matt

• Founder

matt -

wait a week and call the VA where your c and p was done ask to speak to the c and p office and request a copy of your c and p exams. it usually proves to be helpful.