VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help

Rate this question

Sandra Williams

Question

Could someone assist me. I am attempting to get the documentation from SS for my husband. I was requesting the documentation that they used to determine his disability eligibility. I went to local office and was told that I could request his records for maybe $200. All I need is the letter stating what his disability was and effective dates. They would not even give me a copy of his payment record. They did say that he received benefits from Sept 200 til the month he passed away 11/2003. Has anyone tried to get records from SS for a deceased veteran. He was awarded 100% from VA for PTSD effective 08/2000 until his death in 2003. Please advise if you have any suggestion as to how I can get this documentation in a timely manner. My VA claims is at BVA and I wanted to include the SS award benefit letter as additonal evidence to support my claim. I know that his SS was based on his Heart condition and possible PTSD.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did the IMO doctor fully follow the IMO format here at hadit?

Did this doctor clearly state the veteran had ischemic heart disease that contributed to his death?

Was an autopsy done?

Do you have copy of the actual C & P opinion and did the IMO doctor have a copy too?

"2. Lay medical document from Dr. Granada Neil, MD received January 8, 2009"

If this was a valid IMO that followed the IMO format, your rep should ask them to CUE themselves on this decision.

How can a medical doctor prepare a "lay medical document"? What was the expertise of the IMO doctor?

Something is wrong here unless the IMO did not conform to what the VA needs to see in an IMO.

Did your rep suggest yet to append this claim asking for an award of DIC under the new proposed IHD regulations?

You raised that issue at the end of this but I feel this would almost require a separate new claim as they are stuck on the PTSD aggravating or contributing to his heart disease.

The new IHD claims are supposed to move fast once the regulations are published.VA claims this due to a new automation claims system.

I dont know how that will work but I do believe the claims medical evidence will be scanned for evidence of IHD such as EKGs, ECHOS, and the words ischemic heart disease.

I am prepared a IHD claim myself.I get DIC but this is for something else.I have irrefutable medical evidence of IHD most of which came from the VA. I was denied a IHD claim due to PTSD many years ago.The BVA however stated if I could prove SC of the IHD I would succeed.My recent award was for AO death with IHD as one of the contributing factors.

Has the rep suggested that a new and separate IHD claim for DIC could filed under the new proposed regs- and which might put the claim into the socalled automation factor to speed these claims up-might resolve the DIC issue better than the PTSD claim as causing IHD?

If the VA had considered my 4 thousand bucks of IMos as lay opinions, I would have asked them to CUE themselves. My IMO doc had a 10 page curriculum Vitae attached to his IMOs.

Something is wrong with the IMO but I cannot determine what.

You also asked for DIC under 38 USC 1318.

Was he n receipt of VA compensation at 100% SC P & T for PTSD for ten years prior to his death?

Edited by Berta