VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctor's Statement For Tdiu

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi All,

The vet I am helping went back to his orthopedic doctor and his doctor would not use the words at least as likely as not because he felt that his statement was strong enough. This is the doctor's statement: "The patient comes into the office for evaluagtion of several different problems. The patient is a 73 year old male who comes in primarily for pain in b oth knees and lower back. The had previous left knee surgery in 1954, service connected where he was injured. it is unclear what was done, but he has two screws still remaining in the knee afterward. He has had progressive knee pain over the past years, which because of the way he has been walking has started to affect his other knee as well as his lower back." His doctor feels that because he used the words because of the way he has been walking, etc. that this makes the statement strong enough.

What do you all think is this strong enough to link his other knee and lower back.

Also, doctor states: "At the present time, the patient is unemployable since ambulation for any long periods of time bothers him and he cannot stand for a long period of time, anything longer than 20 minutes of the time and also, when he sits in one position for a while his legs staqrt to cramp up and bother him as well as pain in the lower back, so he has got to get up and move." My question is Do you now think this statement is strong enough for his TDIU claim to be awarded.

For those of you who haven't read TDIU Doctor's Opinion - Would This Work, I suggest doing so because it answers all questions about ROM, etc.

Edited by Charleese

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Charleese,

It would certainly convince me, but I would be afraid to guess what the VA might think about it. Thanks for helping the Vet, and good luck!

Hi All,

The vet I am helping went back to his orthopedic doctor and his doctor would not use the words at least as likely as not because he felt that his statement was strong enough. This is the doctor's statement: "The patient comes into the office for evaluagtion of several different problems. The patient is a 73 year old male who comes in primarily for pain in b oth knees and lower back. The had previous left knee surgery in 1954, service connected where he was injured. it is unclear what was done, but he has two screws still remaining in the knee afterward. He has had progressive knee pain over the past years, which because of the way he has been walking has started to affect his other knee as well as his lower back." His doctor feels that because he used the words because of the way he has been walking, etc. that this makes the statement strong enough.

What do you all think is this strong enough to link his other knee and lower back.

Also, doctor states: "At the present time, the patient is unemployable since ambulation for any long periods of time bothers him and he cannot stand for a long period of time, anything longer than 20 minutes of the time and also, when he sits in one position for a while his legs staqrt to cramp up and bother him as well as pain in the lower back, so he has got to get up and move." My question is Do you now think this statement is strong enough for his TDIU claim to be awarded.

For those of you who haven't read TDIU Doctor's Opinion - Would This Work, I suggest doing so because it answers all questions about ROM, etc.

IMHO, I would recommend that you contact the local VARO and get him an appointment to see a VOC REHAB counselor. Have the VOC Rehab counselor write a letter stating that he would not benefit from future training thus making him unemployable!

I was denied TDIU until I had my Voc Rehab counselor write said letter, then one week later I was awarded TDIU solely based on his letter! I hope this help!

Good Luck

B6