VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got It

Rate this topic

Rec.'ed the brown envelope today, approved for ED. It also tells me I am eligible for the life insurance, which I will apply for this time around. It doesn't say anything about chapter 35 benefits for spouse, I am 100% P&T from 1999. Wouldn't a new rating open all that up again? My wife and my son didn't use any of those benefits before. What other benefits might I be eligible for that the VA isn't telling me about, if any?

Thank you for any Info.

David

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,

Congratulations on your latest approval.

I don't know anything about Chapter 35 benefits so I'll leave that to others.

Rec.'ed the brown envelope today, approved for ED. It also tells me I am eligible for the life insurance, which I will apply for this time around. It doesn't say anything about chapter 35 benefits for spouse, I am 100% P&T from 1999. Wouldn't a new rating open all that up again? My wife and my son didn't use any of those benefits before. What other benefits might I be eligible for that the VA isn't telling me about, if any?

Thank you for any Info.

David

If you have been 100 % P&T since 1999 - that should be when your allowance for Chapter 35 benefits would

have gone into effect.

I think there is 10 years from that date for your dependents to utilize this benefit.

There are some situations where the dates can be changed somehow, I believe it deals with date of entitlement

or marriage/ age of dependent child, etc....

You'r 10 year period may have expired.

I hope other's will chime in as this is not an area of benefits I spend much time on.