VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Ao Prostate Cancer Cosidered Combat Related?

Rate this question

capted

Question

Hoping you guys will go by the rule that there are no dumb questions!

I have googled all over and can't find a definitive answer.

If I flew out of Vietnam and got shot at, is my 40 something years later prostate cancer considered combat related as well as service related?

Still waiting on VA decision, of course.

VA clinic here in Viera has been great. Didn't know I qualified but was told to

apply. Had orientation and VA ID card in less than a month.

There are a few state of Florida perks for combat related disabilities.

capted

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If I flew out of Vietnam and got shot at, is my 40 something years later prostate cancer considered combat related as well as service related?

capted

capted,

It maybe AO related but I do not feel it would be considered as "combat related"

jmho.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are retired with 20 years getting a military pension then AO is considered for a combat/hazardous duty factor for those getting VA compensation and military pension. In other words, you can get your military retirement and 100%compensation for an AO disease separately. That is the only benefit I know of for combat related disability.

• Founder

VA Page http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/diseases.asp#veterans as you can see from the list below Prostrate Cancer is a presumptive disease and should be service connected boots on the ground in country veterans.

Agent Orange: Diseases Associated with Agent Orange Exposure VA has recognized certain cancers and other health problems as associated with exposure to Agent Orange and other herbicides or as associated with military service:

if you can proof your In Country status then yes you qualify. If you can not proof "boots on ground" or in country time by way of your dd-214 then you will not.

Do you have papers that say you were in country?

I qualify for the presumptive disability of prostate cancer due to flying out of Saigon during the time frame.

I know it is a service connected disability but is it a combat related disability?

I flew in a combat zone and had "boots on the ground".

The Florida statute clearly states that I must have a combat related disability to qualify for real estate tax exemption.

I want to know what I'm talking about before I talk to the Florida people.

It's not as clear as an injury due to combat operations.

Thanks,

capted

if you can proof your In Country status then yes you qualify. If you can not proof "boots on ground" or in country time by way of your dd-214 then you will not.

Do you have papers that say you were in country?

I qualify for the presumptive disability of prostate cancer due to flying out of Saigon during the time frame.

I know it is a service connected disability but is it a combat related disability?

I flew in a combat zone and had "boots on the ground".

The Florida statute clearly states that I must have a combat related disability to qualify for real estate tax exemption.

I want to know what I'm talking about before I talk to the Florida people.

It's not as clear as an injury due to combat operations.

Thanks,

capted

I would suggest that yes you are combat because you flew missions in a combat area. You should be able to call the 800# and get the letter you need. Are you rated at 100% now?