VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Ao Prostate Cancer Cosidered Combat Related?

Rate this question

capted

Question

Hoping you guys will go by the rule that there are no dumb questions!

I have googled all over and can't find a definitive answer.

If I flew out of Vietnam and got shot at, is my 40 something years later prostate cancer considered combat related as well as service related?

Still waiting on VA decision, of course.

VA clinic here in Viera has been great. Didn't know I qualified but was told to

apply. Had orientation and VA ID card in less than a month.

There are a few state of Florida perks for combat related disabilities.

capted

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, and I have a couple of "my" veterans that are on the Agent Orange Registry, that have certified Agent Orange exposure, that were nowhere near combat, matter-of-fact, one of them was never IN Vietnam (which does away with the "boots-on-the-ground" requirement/theory). And, any disability that they may suffer that is on the "presumptive" list, would be considered to be caused by their Agent Orange exposure.

Hello All,

The paste below is what's confusing me. That's where I get the combat related disability question from.

It also seems that even though I will have a 100% disability, prostate cancer is not considered permanent and total.

I'm still waiting on a DRO hearing with the subsequent (buddy) statements I have furnished attesting that I operated out of Saigon.

As I mentioned in another post I relied on inaccurate information in my original claim that the Vietnam Service Medal

was all I needed.

capted

Homestead Property Tax Discount For Veterans Age 65 and Older With a Combat Related Disability

On November 7, 2006, Florida voters approved a constitutional amendment known as Amendment 7. This amendment provides a property tax discount on homestead property owned by eligible veterans. To be eligible, a veteran must have an honorable discharge from military service, be at least 65 years old, be partially disabled with a permanent service connected disability all or a portion of which must be combat-related, (underline emphasis mine) and must have been a Florida resident at the time of entering military service.

This discount is in addition to any other exemptions veterans now receive.

Applications for the discount should be made to the property appraiser in the county where the veteran's homestead property is located. The Department of Revenue's role in implementation of the discount is limited to providing aid and assistance to the property appraiser.

For additional information, please see the Department's Property Tax Informational Bulletin titled Disabled Veterans' Property Tax Discount on Homestead Property.

Find your property appraiser.

Thanks for the reference.

Could you please send me an un-truncated URL for the .pdf document.

I am unable to log onto the Army site without an AKO????

capted

According to the Army's CRSC rules, Agent Orange presumptive conditions are considered to be combat-related. See the chart at:

https://www.hrc.army...ceConnected.pdf ( linked from https://www.hrc.army.../CRSCvCRDP.html )

I don't know if this will fly in Flordida, but I hope it helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I worked I was a Property Tax Agent and I handled taxes for clients in over 40 States and the District of Columbia. My experience is that most State and Local Tax Assessors and Collectors love to help people with exemptions.

The State of Texas recently gave 100% Service Connected Veterans a total exemption of taxes. There were a few hiccups and I think one of our Members had some problems with a clerk but for the most part they will help you get the exemption.Don't worry about getting prepared unless they say no which I doubt that they will. Usually you can call the 800 827 1000 number and ask for a letter that says you are service connected. In Texas the VA routinely sends out a letter annually that states your service connection.

I think that if you get the letter your problems will be over.

Good Luck and welcome to Hadit

When I worked I was a Property Tax Agent and I handled taxes for clients in over 40 States and the District of Columbia. My experience is that most State and Local Tax Assessors and Collectors love to help people with exemptions.

The State of Texas recently gave 100% Service Connected Veterans a total exemption of taxes. There were a few hiccups and I think one of our Members had some problems with a clerk but for the most part they will help you get the exemption.Don't worry about getting prepared unless they say no which I doubt that they will. Usually you can call the 800 827 1000 number and ask for a letter that says you are service connected. In Texas the VA routinely sends out a letter annually that states your service connection.

I think that if you get the letter your problems will be over.

Good Luck and welcome to Hadit

I honestly don't know what happened here. I checked the links yesterday, and they worked fine. I did not have to log in through AKO. You can go directly to www.crsc.army.mil and find the same information. Or, you can do a Google search for CRSC and select the first item in the list. That's what I did a few minutes ago, and got to the same Army site.

Sorry for the bad links - good luck!