VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Va

Rate this question

DeeCee

Question

What does this means and anyone know how long this can take?

This is in response to your recent inquiry on May 27, 2010, in regards to your status of claim.

Our records indicate that your claim is in the final stages of the claim process. When this stage is completed the next process is to send your claim for final approval for release of award and/or notification letter. We will send you a notification letter explaining the decisions made and the action being taken once it has been finalized.

We are unable to answer any questions about the decisions made on your claim until after you have received the notification letter via U.S. mail. If you have any more questions after you have received the letter, please feel free to contact us.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It means that you are probably 60 to 120 days from notification of award hopefully.

Good Luck

It means that you are probably 60 to 120 days from notification of award hopefully.

Good Luck

I got my notification yesterday and received 80% disability these are the conditions

1. Sleep Apnea 50%

2. Left should degenerative joint disease (minor) 10%

3. Right should degenerative joint disease Major 10%

4. Right knee degenerative disease 10%

5. Cervical spine spondylosis gain at 0 %

6. Thoracolumbar spine degenerative joint disease 10%

7. Bilateral Eustachian tube dysfunction 10%

8. Tinnitus 10%

9. Hypertension 10%

10. And many more which are where are service connected which were granted but at 0% I just retired May 1,2010 and am wondering should I file TDIU and SSI I am currently unemployed but going to school through Chapter 31, but these conditions are not get any better and I also filed for PTSD while I was in the service and was counseled for this I am just looking at what my next option should be thanks .

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work file for IU. You probably have a good claim for depression and chronic pain disorder in there somewhere. With all those problems how are you going to work and who is going to hire you? Unless you can do your own business it is going to be hard to hold down a job. Are you in constant pain? What medications do you take?

If you can't work file for IU. You probably have a good claim for depression and chronic pain disorder in there somewhere. With all those problems how are you going to work and who is going to hire you? Unless you can do your own business it is going to be hard to hold down a job. Are you in constant pain? What medications do you take?

Continuing back and leg pain every day, I take about six pills, for blood pressure nothing for pain but vitamin M from the base, I am going to get checked up at VA, even though I have Tri-care. I have complained about this for years, but the Air Force just wanted to keep me flying so no drugs they could not get waivers for, too stupid realize that until I was getting out, and I questioned everything, but taking away your flight pay is a big deal I see it clear now but much too late. I have look up everything they said on internet they can only get worse. What should be my next recourse?

• HadIt.com Elder

Get a written medical opinion that states that you cannot work, that your disabilities make it impossible for you to attain employment and that these conditions will not be getting any better in the future.

Then file for TDIU (VA form 21-8940). Do it tomorrow.

• HadIt.com Elder

It means that your claim, at the time of the reply, had not been decided. It is likely "fully developed", and ready to "rate", with an initial to be approved decision. Depending on the amount of money involved, and the % rating(s), it can be weeks or even months to go. If the claim gets "lost", (unlikely theses days) it might take years. If approved, it's possible that money will wander by before you get the approval letter.

Since by your later post, you received the notification letter (June 24), it's obvious that the reply to your query was not correct or current. (What else is new!) In any event, congratulations in making it through the system successfully!

What does this means and anyone know how long this can take?

This is in response to your recent inquiry on May 27, 2010, in regards to your status of claim.

Our records indicate that your claim is in the final stages of the claim process. When this stage is completed the next process is to send your claim for final approval for release of award and/or notification letter. We will send you a notification letter explaining the decisions made and the action being taken once it has been finalized.

We are unable to answer any questions about the decisions made on your claim until after you have received the notification letter via U.S. mail. If you have any more questions after you have received the letter, please feel free to contact us.

Edited by Chuck75