VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Va

Rate this question

DeeCee

Question

What does this means and anyone know how long this can take?

This is in response to your recent inquiry on May 27, 2010, in regards to your status of claim.

Our records indicate that your claim is in the final stages of the claim process. When this stage is completed the next process is to send your claim for final approval for release of award and/or notification letter. We will send you a notification letter explaining the decisions made and the action being taken once it has been finalized.

We are unable to answer any questions about the decisions made on your claim until after you have received the notification letter via U.S. mail. If you have any more questions after you have received the letter, please feel free to contact us.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It means that your claim, at the time of the reply, had not been decided. It is likely "fully developed", and ready to "rate", with an initial to be approved decision. Depending on the amount of money involved, and the % rating(s), it can be weeks or even months to go. If the claim gets "lost", (unlikely theses days) it might take years. If approved, it's possible that money will wander by before you get the approval letter.

Since by your later post, you received the notification letter (June 24), it's obvious that the reply to your query was not correct or current. (What else is new!) In any event, congratulations in making it through the system successfully!

Thanks Chuck still a long way to go

DeeCee

Thanks Chuck still a long way to go

DeeCee

I called my RO today and inquired about my claim for IU, Bilateral hearing loss increase and increase for anxiety disorder. They told me that the claim had finished the development stage and should be headed to the rater next week. Was told to call back next week to make sure it was at the rater. Is this a good sign???

Edited by Chu Lai69