VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crsc

Rate this question

sfc ret

Question

I was not sure where to post this.

I retired last year after 20 years service. In January I got my 30% upto 100% for PTSD and dysthymia backe dated to my retirement date. I am dropping my paperwork CRSC in the mail today.

Does anyone know anything about this process?

About how long it takes?

If I am approved my pay retirement would be tax free?

Any other input from someone who has been approved for this?

Thank you

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If I remember correctly, it took about 2 months to get the approval decision back from the Army. And, again, if I am remembering correctly, I had to wait until the beginning of the next calendar year to change from CRDP to CRSC. If you have not been under CRDP, you may be able to start CRSC as soon as it is approved. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

I did call some of the DFAS people, and they were willing to talk to me about it on the phone. Good luck with it.

My info here is a little dated:

but there should be some contact info there-

Did you get a CRDP determination yet?

Is that what you meant by:

"In January I got my 30% upto 100% for PTSD and dysthymia backe dated to my retirement date." CRDP?

Good, luck land let me know how it went. No it is not tax free but your Va is. Crsc is a supplement that your Dpt. gave to the Va and the VA paid the difference which is in total what you recieve from the VA. so basically you will get back what the Army or Navy gave to the VA but it wont be tax free. Only what the VA gives you will be tax free. If you are getting 100% put in a claim for Social security and if you have that already you need to notify them that your 100% dissabled by the VA so that they can up your amount. Alsoif you own a home usually your state waives your property taxes. Let me know what happened I am going to fill my CRSC application tonight. I got my information from an ambassador to the CRSC program.

I'm at a 100% for PTSD and have not submitted for social security. I just hear about all the people getting turned down and it just take my motivation to submit the paperwork. I called about my CSRC the other day and it is taking four months now for the Army. So it will be near the end of September before I hear anything about that.

I was on another forum and somebody was talking about a formula to figure out what you would get for CRSC I didt quite understand it. What I get from the VA is 3007.00 and it is tax free. I currently get CRDP from the Army and that is taxed. So what will I get for CRSC?