VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automatic 100%

ZenArcher

Question

It is my understanding, Jeff - ZenArcher, was not fighting for his benefits but rather a strong advocate for vets with ALS. I believe he was one of the vets who fought early on for ALS to be presumptive. We have him, among others, to thank for staying with it and getting it done. He was quite a fountain of knowledge regarding VA benefits and ALS. I bet he would have pleased when this was announced:

We are thrilled to report that this morning, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs published regulations that would increase from 30% to 100% the minimum disability rating automatically provided to all veterans with ALS who qualify for service connected benefits! The rating would be provided regardless of the progression of the disease or whether or not a veteran is totally disabled at the time of their evaluation.

Because the disability rating is used to calculate monthly compensation payments and eligibility for other benefits, this means that veterans with ALS will begin to receive a higher level of benefits much sooner than they otherwise would under the existing regulations, which provide only a 30% minimum rating. It also means that veterans no longer will be forced to have their condition continually re-evaluated in order to receive a higher level of benefits as the disease progresses.

This is a tremendous victory for our military heroes with ALS! The regulation will speed access to benefits, decrease the burden on veterans and their families and help them to receive the compensation and benefits they need when they need them.

I also just located his obituary to post.

It is also posted under Fallen Comrades - to stay.

http://dailyitem.com...43-McEwensville

"October 15, 2011

Jeffrey P. Faull, 43, McEwensville

MCEWENSVILLE — Jeffrey P. Faull, 43, of McEwensville, Advocate for the ALS Association, passed away Friday, Oct. 14, 2011 in his home after battling ALS for more than five years.

He was born March 20, 1968 in Jackson, Mich., the son of Bonnie Williams Faull, of Mifflinburg and Walter "Spike" and Margaret Faull, of North Carolina. On March 13, 1992 he married Tammy A. Arnold, and had two daughters, Tiffany N. and Breanna R. Faull, all of McEwensville.

A 1986 graduate of Mifflinburg High School, Jeff was a business development manager for SKF USA Inc.

He served in the Navy as a nuclear engineer for nine years, touring on the USS Theodore Roosevelt for four years.

Jeff was a member of the Watsontown American Legion.

Jeff was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease, in 2007. In 2008 he spoke as a witness before the House Committee on Veterans Affairs and was successful in making ALS a service-connected disease. On May 11, 2010, after years of hard work, Jeff was awarded the Rasmussen Advocate of the Year award by the ALS Association.

Jeff was a self proclaimed geek who loved computers and technology. He enjoyed watching anime and beating his daughters in every console game.

Along with his wife, daughters and parents, Jeff is survived by his father-in-law, Charles Arnold of Watsontown; brothers–in-law, Mike Arnold, of Watsontown, and Rick and Lory Arnold, of Milton; and sisters-in-law, Judy Arnold, Cathy and Rodney Taggart and Linda and Randy Newton, all of Watsontown.

Family and friends are invited to call from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Brooks Funeral Home, 124 Main St., Watsontown, where the funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, with Pastor Amelia A. Shivers, of St. John's United Church of Christ, McEwensville, officiating.

Burial will be in Presbyterian Cemetery, McEwensville.

The family will provide flowers and strongly suggest contributions in Jeff's memory to the ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 321 Norristown Road, Suite 260, Amber, PA 19002 or at www.alsphiladelphia.org."

ALS is now 100%!

A Fast Letter came out in 2012, making ALS an automatic 100%.

Sorry I dont have access to it online, if anyone can bring it up, I recall its is a FL 12-something...