VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Newbie With Questions

Rate this question

Sassybe

Question

I been to the ER 2 times in past 2 days for her migraine headaches I think that I have a lot of meds in the last 48 hours. I have a history of migraines for about the past 5 years maybe longer.

I have an appointment with the DAV rep on Monday, but I don’t have all of my medical records just some of them. I have requested them but it will take about 3 weeks before I can get them. I am traditionally a reservist that has a lot of active duty time.

She will not be able to see the neuro for about another 2 weeks ( You know how tricare is)

We don’t know if I am going to get med boarded or not but I think that military is not for me at this point. I went to the ER they treated me like a dirt bag because of my headaches. Its starting to frustrate me beyond belief. The was so nasty to me it was ridiculous. I that that my brain functions has decreased because of the medication . I have no choice but to take them because would be in so much pain. If I did not. I have been in the military for 9 years and been on active duty orders for about 5 of those years. I don’t think that I am going to be med boarded I wanted to start the process with the VA ASAP. My orders in on 30 Sept and I know that I will not be getting anymore, so I will go back to being a traditional reservist.

Any advice

Theses are the items that I would like to put on my claim. My vision is a little blurry so bare with me

Migraine Headaches

Insomnia

Back Strain

Right Knee injury

Flat Feet

PTSD- I was in the Pentagon during Sept 11. I don’t talk about it because it brings back jacked up memories so normally I just avoid it all together.

Anxiety

Abdominal Pain ( don’t know where it comes from, but they took out my appendix and that area still hurts)

When I get off I plan on going to school for medicine. I want to be a doctor. I just don’t want this to effect my educational benefits. Because at this point I cant go 1 month without missing some days at work. I am soooo trying to get better. But its hard to explain to your leadership what is going on when you are sick because you will get NO support. I know I get stressed out when they start being petty about dumb stuff (We all have been there) I do find myself getting depressed .

Any suggestions? Or a starting point.

Things that I should be doing? Any TipS.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Not having been on AD for years (40) I would suggest you check around base for an office that helps with filing for VA disabilities before you get out. I believe there is a popular program called BDD or something like that for just that point.

Sorry they are treating you so rough but that kinda comes with mental reaction from folks that don't know. I just this afternoon told my wife I had to get back home and finish my SSDI claim and said I was just having a real hard time trying to work. Her response to me "well others are doing OK" I bit my tongue but she is not being very supportive since I was DXed with PTSD.

Find the office to file and I would also suggest you put in for a mental exam while you are still in. Get a full copy of your SMR's and keep it safe.

Good luck to you!

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were treated for headaches in service then you should be OK. Be sure to get the treatment records.

If you actualy were in the Pentagon then your chances of PTSD approval is pretty good. You must prove you were there.

Dont worry about not having the records, You can file the claim ans submit records as you receive them The VA will request them also.

J

Sassybe,

Thank you for your service and I'm sorry that you're suffering.

#1 Key Most Important Thing: Ensure that all of your afflictions are backed up with clear documentation while you are still active duty and get copies of them.

Look through the forum on the wording of evidence statements from doctors (i.e. "Sassy's back strain was caused by injury on duty") and try to get those now also.

Seek treatment for every affliction and take the meds. Note any side effects, mention those to doctor and ensure they're documented.

Look at your case as an outsider who will make their decision based solely on paper evidence.

It doesn't matter what you SAY; what matters is what's documented.

All the best!