VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Capt. Contaminate Had A Massive Heart Attack 18 June 2010

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Needs every ones prayers, must have more work on his heart done..

please send a get well e-mail with your payers..

Edited by Jerrel

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

CC you've been on my mind - I'm trying to catch up here at Hadit a bit and want to tell you how Blessed you are - how Blessed we are - to have you here! Thank God! Your fathers life story continues on in you and in the well scribed words depicting his precious, honorable and devoted life. Thank you for the glimpse of a true hero.

Now, back to your good health, attend to what you can and let go of what you can't. Life is really good with you around here :) !!

Blessings to you and yours,

Cowgirl

Hello All. I first want to thank all of you for praying for me and my father. My father passed away from the tumor on July 5, 2010 at 88 years old. He was a retired World War II Marine , Paratrooper then became an Marine Aviator. I was his caregiver for the last 3 years and he lived with me. I am so thankful to have you all as friends and count it a great blessing , for if it had not been for all the prayers it would have been a double funeral. I suffered a massive heart attack on June 19th and it took me nearly 14 hours to get to Audie Murphy VA hospital. I did not know what was going on as I was very disoriented and not really all there. Thank goodness one of my Navy Captain friends got me up there where I spent 6 days in the Cardiac Center.

This heartattack and my immune system have been the results of the chemical exposures while at Fort Greely and all of the other diseases associated with it. I was fortunate that a retired Naval Admiral friend flew into San Antonio and drove me home on Thursday night July 1st.My father was being cared for by some other naval and marine friends. It is so good to have military friends as all of us know that help each other. He started the death process on Friday and instead of getting the rest I needed for to recover myself , I spent the next 4 days without hardly any sleep trying to care for my father. He and I had an incredible father son relationship. He went into the Hospital Monday night and into a deep coma on Tues. I was with him when he passed away at 5:00 a.m. on July 5th singing a gospel song to him as he went home to be with Jesus. It was just he and I .

The funeral was yesterday and there were so many military friends and folks there. An admiral friend , a 2 star general many Colonels and Capt.s that are my friends and my dads too. I may send out his obituary to some of you in a private email so you can read his remarkable life. My dad was on the board of the Navy League Emerterious and worked all his life with our troops. He had full military honors , 21 gun salute , taps and the flag folded and presented to me a Marine Aviator Capt. The graduation celebration dinner after drew about 75 people and I am thrilled to have had my dad and to have been there with him.

I am so tired and weak from all of this and the heartattack and am glad I have my girlfriend was with me thru the heartattack and helping my dad with me. She works at the VA where I have to go and I have known her for 3 years. God is so good. I want to thank my friends here at Hadit for praying for me and giving me support. I will have to go back to see what they want to do at Audie Murphy next week and I will be asking what other claims need to be filed for this new round of issues. My lawyer said that the VARO told her that they now had assigned my claim with a DRO on the notice to reconsider after 3 1/2 years. Thank you all for your help and prayers. They have been all I could need . This has been a real struggle but God is going to get me thru this. Please remember ......NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

C.C. I live here in San Antonio (210)xxx-xxxx if you need anything. Are you in San Antonio? I knew traffic was getting bad, but 14 hours:). Take care and let me know what what I can do to help.

Papa

Edited by Pete53
Phone # can be exchanged by PM

Hello and thank you also to Stretch and Berta , Please forgive me . Stretch you tried to help me early on and Berta ,,,,my oh my, girl ,,,what a tiger you are , putting up with questions early on in my claim and just about ready to give up. Remember that Berta. You were instrumental in getting me some great advice and the proper way to try and move it along in the VA little race track. I must be having a senior moment or a rush of AO....

Papa thank you for your kind words. No, I dont live in San Antonio, that just happens to be the closet VA hospital I can get too. Yes I know when you say 14 hours to get to a hospital makes it sound like I had to hitch the wagons and the mules and head off to Dodge City or something. No it was the fact that I was totally out of it . The brain just shut down , though I was kinda awake. I was very disoriented and could not remember anything . I should have just gone to the emergency room here and gotten help, but for some reason I had to get to Audie Murphy.....not a good choice but like I said I was totally out of it. Not saying that Audie was a bad choice , on the contrary it was due to the fact that they saved my life twice while I was there 6 days. You can't beat their Cardio teams.Wonderfu people. What I meant was a bad choice was getting me no Medical help for 14 hours. I really got chewed out because of how long it took me to get to Medical help. I can assure you I won't do that again but then again I was not aware I had done it. So I was lucky my friend got me there . Someone else has to make the decision to get you there as the lights were on but nobody is home. Someone who knows what to look for and realize that this is what a heartattack looks like.

Thank you again Papa for the fine offer. I might like to have a cup of coffee with you with honey of course, if I come up there . You can private email me and get me your phone number so that would be fine. Prayers would be greatly appreciated . I have been told yesterday and last wednesday that I would be getting a cardiologist here on a fee basis and that starting in Sept all veterans around where I live are going to have to go to the new VA hospital in Harlingen which is about the same distant as me going to San Antonio. However they want me to have a cardiologist here so thats fine with me too. Please take care Papa and thank you for your help and kind offerings. God Bless to all. NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.