VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interesting Conversation With Amc Today

Rate this question

Sandra Williams

Question

Good afternoon all. I just wanted to share with you an interesting converstation I had with the Congressional Unit of the AMC. This representative has been communicating with me frequently in regards to my DIC claim. I like a fool thought that the AMC are advocates for the veteran and their families. Well I called today to gain some insight as to what was the status of my claims. I received a SSOC in May and submitted additional information in support of my claim in June. The lady who in the past presented herself as a friend to my cause informed me today that (1) the recent denial I received in May came from the AMC and that the denial came from them and had nothing to do with the remand that said that the file was to be returned to original RO for review and re-adudication. (2) She also stated that in her opinion I could not expect to be awarded benefits for PTSD when my husband died of a heart attack. I stated to her that I have conducted my own independent research and had regular converstations with veterans and spouses of veteran which substantiates a direct correlation between PTSD and resulting heart diseases such IHD. (3) I also referred her to VA decisions that have awarded secondary connection for heart disease and PTSD. She veherently disputed this fact and said that more than likely I would not win my case. (4) I informed her that my IMO and others have shown this correlation and the VA does award under these circumstances. Again she disputed these facts. She politely told me she had other calls to handle and hung up. What you think. Am I fighting a losing cause. (5) I was so discouraged after this call. I tried calling my VSO but could not reach him. Who is on our side. She also stated that the VA does not tr;y to avoid paying benefits to those who are entitled to them. I now know we have no advocates. I called the National American Legion office but did not reach them either. Please give me your input. I have ask for your opinion in other areas I do hope someone responds to my request and concerns.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't talk to that idiot again. You have a solid claim and the VA has granted Heart problems linked to PTSD. In fact most Doctors accept that PTSD can cause heart problems but you still need a Doc to say so.

Berta can be a big help as she has traveled this road before you.

Don't quit and don't give up hope.

Good afternoon all. I just wanted to share with you an interesting converstation I had with the Congressional Unit of the AMC. This representative has been communicating with me frequently in regards to my DIC claim. I like a fool thought that the AMC are advocates for the veteran and their families. Well I called today to gain some insight as to what was the status of my claims. I received a SSOC in May and submitted additional information in support of my claim in June. The lady who in the past presented herself as a friend to my cause informed me today that (1) the recent denial I received in May came from the AMC and that the denial came from them and had nothing to do with the remand that said that the file was to be returned to original RO for review and re-adudication. (2) She also stated that in her opinion I could not expect to be awarded benefits for PTSD when my husband died of a heart attack. I stated to her that I have conducted my own independent research and had regular converstations with veterans and spouses of veteran which substantiates a direct correlation between PTSD and resulting heart diseases such IHD. (3) I also referred her to VA decisions that have awarded secondary connection for heart disease and PTSD. She veherently disputed this fact and said that more than likely I would not win my case. (4) I informed her that my IMO and others have shown this correlation and the VA does award under these circumstances. Again she disputed these facts. She politely told me she had other calls to handle and hung up. What you think. Am I fighting a losing cause. (5) I was so discouraged after this call. I tried calling my VSO but could not reach him. Who is on our side. She also stated that the VA does not tr;y to avoid paying benefits to those who are entitled to them. I now know we have no advocates. I called the National American Legion office but did not reach them either. Please give me your input. I have ask for your opinion in other areas I do hope someone responds to my request and concerns.

I don't think you should give up, we all get discouraged by the VA at all levels. I'm not sure if you answered this before, but you might want to consult an attorney. They may be able to help you win your claim. Bottom line, never give up, we will help you here at Hadit.

Take care,

Bergie

Veterans such as this veteran and widows have had heart disease granted as secondary to PTSD.

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files2/1013617.txt

It takes strong medical evidence and only a strong IMO will do it. If the IMO doc follows the IMO format here at hadit and gives a full medical rationale and even uses references to known stress and heart disease studies -the claim whether for DIC or for secondary SC can be awarded.

However it can depend on mitigating factors.Also this takes an IMO from either a Cardiologist or a psychiatrist or even might take IMOs from both.I feel the VA would challenge any IMO supporting PTSD as contributing to heart disease or death due to heart disease if the opinion came from a general practitioner with limited expertise in cardio field.Or psychiatric field.

A Psychiatrist IMO in place of cardio one would be good too because a psychiatrist is an MD and a psychologist isnt.

Claims like this are a good study at the BVA. Those claims wont help prove any individual claim but the ones denied are as informAtive as the ones they awarded for PTSD causing or contributing to heart disease.

Individuals at the VA as well as even my own POA reps told me my AO death claim would never succeed.I proved them all wrong.

Medical evidence awards claims- not the opinion of some VA employee who doesn't have a clue.

This is a DIC claim granted due to the veteran's anxiety reaction ( further considered PTSD by the BVA) contributed to his death.

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files2/1015330.txt