VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Eed?

Rate this question

rikkor

Question

I originally filed a ptsd claim in april 2006 which was denied. I was granted ptsd and total and permanant disability effective june 2009, althou, i believe i had ptsd from the onset of my injury back in 1976 i donot believe it is likely i could recieve this as an earlier effective date. but i would like to file for the early effective date when i initally filed for ptsd and was denied in april of 2006. My question is as follows if i file a nod will it affect my current rating of 100% , also how much time do i have to file the nod, and finally is it in my best interest to file a nod for the earlier date even thou i was denied PTSD in 2006? Thank you members for you input and advice, the reason i am asking is that they gave me an earlier effective date of april 2006 for the condition radiculopathy of left lower extremity associated with lumber spine degenerative disc and joint desease that i did not have earlier?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

iwas 17 yrs old when i was injured my dad actually had to fly in and sign for them to operate on me cause they considered me a minor?. i was treated @various VA's for MH problems since being medically discharged/ret. from army in 1977 up until present , alll in my VA records!

By the way Phillp I like to thank you personally cause you where the one who suggested i file for the PTSD and IU in 2009 and that is what got me the !00% rating i now have. I will attempt to appeal the SSDI original denial., and also file ether a cue for the EED or have the 2006 claim reopened. I am totally exhausted, but will continue to be treated for the PTSD as it helps with the isolation Ive had for more than 25 years altho my sleep has gotten worst and the various medications have not helped with the nighmares/ and Chronic pain.