VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman Boren's Aid Called Me Personally.

Rate this question

Donna

Question

A few weeks ago, I emailed my Congressman Dan Boren of Oklahoma about the Webb amendment. His reply was a standard description of all the Veterans legislation he has supported through the years. I sent him another email saying I appreciated knowing about all the previous legislation, but I wanted to know where he stood on this amendment. I actually received a phone call from DC from one his aids telling me the bill was in the house and the exact language of the bill was not finished. It was quite possible the Webb language will not be in the bill. If it is, Rep. Boren will still have to vote for the bill because it is the war appropriation bill. I understand that position but I wanted to know the possibility of the congress stopping the three presumtives from becoming final. He said, that he has not heard any member of congress other than the two senators who are even questioning the three presumtives and he assured me in an election years there would be very little support to do anything against our Veterans. He said Webb is exercising the right that allows for the congress to do a 60 day review of the proposed rule change and that is all it will come to. The appropriations bill has to be passed by the end of July, final language should be out soon. He said he expects this rule to become final without any more delays. he also said the funding has already been passed.So after talking to him I feel this rule should be published in August or September. Speculating, I know, but that is what I think.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Donna:

Thank you for your effort and this report. I just have a hard time trusting any of the Weasels who are in Congress and I don't believe it till I see it.

Donna: Dittio on the thanks for your post!!!

I had to deal with Senator Boren's office several times in my past Department of Justice life answering Congressional Inquiery Letter's. The dealings were always fair and responsible, even a thank you letter in response to one of my investigative reports. You went that extra mile after your initial request. I have gone the extra mile with Senators Mc Cain and Kyl and Representative A. Kirkpatrick in AZ, no response yet. I went to a Veterans Forum about six months ago sponsored by the Arizona Department of Veterans Affairs. The new Director spoke and in his second sentence stated that Arizona was last in the list of States in terms of Veterans Benifits and he came from Lousiana. Rep. Kirkpatrick was there also and after Col. Kirkland's remark she could not be found. Ditto the weasel comment from Pete. Mc Cain should hang his head in shame.