VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St. Louis Va Dental Disease Exposure

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

OK I received a letter from the St.Louis VA saying " I may have been exposed to Hepatitis B,Hep C & HIV

Letter said to come in & get a blood test if one wants & "Don't worry" as its no big deal problem as someone wasn't cleaning Dental Tools correcttly & you may have been exposed to these diseases

I was at the VA Hospital today & my Daughter called me & told me about the certified letter I had received & what it said

I had a blood test & they said they would have the results in about 2 weeks

Everyone very reassuring that its very unlikely anyone has anything so stay calm

Find article about this below Not sure what is going on but sounds rather serious to me....Was told I could file a claim or a tort claim on this but guess that depends on the blood tests

Also, we're to be retested in 6 months

Does anyone know if it's possible this stuff won't show up in a blood test & one still has it?.....GARY

Veterans receiving dental care may have been exposed to ...

Jun 29, 2010 ... (KMOV)-- More than 1800 veterans in the St. Louis area may have been exposed to potentially life threatening diseases at the John Cochran VA Hospital. ... The veterans administration is contacting veterans from Missouri ...

www.kmov.com/.../Veterans-receiving-dental-care-may-have-been-exposed-to-potentially-deadly-diseases-97431474.html - 2 hours ago

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Buffalo news picks up VA Dental Infectopn Story from MO

VA secretary: St. Louis mistakes 'unacceptable' : 24 Hour Breaking ...

Jul 1, 2010 ... "The mistakes made at the St. Louis VA Medical Center are unacceptable, and steps have been and ... More 24 Hour Breaking News Stories ...

www.buffalonews.com/2010/07/.../va-faulty-dental-sterilization.html - Cached

That same year, a surgeon at the VA hospital in Marion, Ill., resigned after a patient bled to death following gall bladder surgery. All inpatient surgeries were suspended. The VA found at least nine deaths between October 2006 and March 2007 resulted from substandard care at the Marion hospital, and another 10 patients died after receiving questionable care that complicated their health.

seMissourian.com: State News: St. Louis VA dental chief placed on ...Jul 2, 2010 ... "The mistakes made at the St. Louis VA Medical Center are unacceptable, ... by several lawmakers from Missouri and Illinois -- the St. Louis region's five VA ... That same year, a surgeon at the VA hospital in Marion, Ill., ... Respond to this story. Posting a comment requires free registration. ...

www.semissourian.com/story/1646857.html - 9 hours ago

That same year, a surgeon at the VA hospital in Marion, Ill., resigned after a patient bled to death following gall bladder surgery. All inpatient surgeries were suspended. The VA found at least nine deaths between October 2006 and March 2007 resulted from substandard care at the Marion hospital, and another 10 patients died after receiving questionable care that complicated their health.

seMissourian.com: State News: St. Louis VA dental chief placed on ...Jul 2, 2010 ... "The mistakes made at the St. Louis VA Medical Center are unacceptable, ... by several lawmakers from Missouri and Illinois -- the St. Louis region's five VA ... That same year, a surgeon at the VA hospital in Marion, Ill., ... Respond to this story. Posting a comment requires free registration. ...

www.semissourian.com/story/1646857.html - 9 hours ago

VA: Faulty dental sterilization in St. Louis Jul 1, 2010 ... More Military News. Army 'psy ops' branch changes name ... "The mistakes made at the St. Louis VA Medical Center are ... from Missouri and Illinois -- the St. Louis region's five VA ... That same year, a surgeon at the VA hospital in Marion, Ill., ... Comments (Login not required). Top Stories ...

www.wane.com/.../veterans/VA-Faulty-dental-sterilization-in-St-Louis_3463691 - Cached

18000 Veterans Receiving Dental Care Have Been Exposed To ...Jun 30, 2010 ... Reports that at least 18000 veterans from Missouri, Illinois and some other ... much needed healthcare services from a Veterans Administration hospital. ... 495 from Illinois) who underwent dental treatment at St. Louis VA Medical ... disease by undefined and unknown conditions at dental clinic. ...

www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/193440.php - Cached

18,000???? Think thats off a bit.. I hope

• Founder

i looked at the video that gdsnide provided at cnn earlier in this thread. just so you know the dental clinic that they are showing in that video is not the dental clinic i go to, now it is possible that it is the one at the other va hospital, we have two in st louis, i go to john cochran va hospital for all medical and dental. the other one is called jefferson barracks and go to the ptsd clinic there, maybe that is the dental clinic they were showing. but, i can tell you for a fact that the dental clinic they are showing does not look like anything in anyway to the one i go to.

i wish you could see the difference, it's quite different.

i looked at the video that gdsnide provided at cnn earlier in this thread. just so you know the dental clinic that they are showing in that video is not the dental clinic i go to, now it is possible that it is the one at the other va hospital, we have two in st louis, i go to john cochran va hospital for all medical and dental. the other one is called jefferson barracks and go to the ptsd clinic there, maybe that is the dental clinic they were showing. but, i can tell you for a fact that the dental clinic they are showing does not look like anything in anyway to the one i go to.

i wish you could see the difference, it's quite different.

U are correct Tbird. It Is not the JC or JB dental clinic. I have been to both. Don't u just love the media.

Edited by Chu Lai69