VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Secondary Award

Rate this question

derenick52

Question

Hey All,Have Not seen any many post's on Awards for conditions Secondary to Ptsd-it took 8 years and I Was Awarded -my Arthritis,Avascular Necrosis,Bursitis as Secondary to PTSD AT 20%,PATIENCE And 3 of there Doctors concurring,Hope this is of Helpfull info to you all,take care

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hey All,Have Not seen any many post's on Awards for conditions Secondary to Ptsd-it took 8 years and I Was Awarded -my Arthritis,Avascular Necrosis,Bursitis as Secondary to PTSD AT 20%,PATIENCE And 3 of there Doctors concurring,Hope this is of Helpfull info to you all,take care

It's outstanding that you got that, congratulations. I hope the VARO's finally start to realize that those of us suffering from PTSD have a host of additional medical conditions that are directly related to PTSD.

Bergie

Thank you for letting us know about your success. Since my 50% is for PTSD I find your post very helpful.

Congratulations!

derenick52,

Buddy you must be reading something wrong.

There is NO WAY that PTSD in and of itself can possibly produce secondary residual disabilities of Arthritis - Necrosis and Bursitis.

This is impossible. No way - No how !

I would like to see this in black and white - how about posting your rating decision and exactly what is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section .

carlie

Hey Carlie,Here is how the Secondary Award went-Filed a Claim for my Avascular Necrosis-a Form of Arthritis as CAUSED by my Lower Back surgery-At the Va Orthopedic Exam he STATED that My Avascular Necrosis was ACCELERATED by my PTSD,They Initially Denied my claim for Secondary connection from Surgery-In my Appeal I Requested that the Rating Board Address the Statement by Orthopedic Exam,The VA DECLINED to NOT Address this ISSUE For 5 YEARS UNTILL my Turn came up at BVA-At which time they did a INDEPENDENT MEDICAL OPINION-He Further denied the Surgery Condtion BUT Concurred with VA Examiner that MORE THAN LIKELY My PTSD has ACCELERATED My Avascular Necrosis/Osteoarthritis/Bursitis,THEN was Sent for ANOTHER VA EXAM Exam-He ALSO AGREED With the 2 other Doctors,I Had RESEARCH info with me at exam that has a DIAGRAM OF HUMAN BODY AND THE EFFECTS OF STRESS ON ALL BODY PARTS-Basically it shows NO Part of body is left UNTOUCHED BY PTSD,Was Awarded 10% Initially,Appealed for Next higher rating,Granted 20%,It Took around 8 YEARS To for this claim,at times was ready to withdraw claim but Hung in there,Now when I Have my Hip replaced will get AID AND Attendance surgery benefit for 13 months,The AWARD Was for my PTSD-Which is 70%,ACCELERATING My Physical conditions,With the Diagram I Have of human body and stress,a LOT Of conditiions can be claimed thru this route,The 3 Doctors where all VA Doctors,my Private Practice Orthopedic Doctor ALSO CONCURRED with the Va examiners BUT The VA Examiners INITIALLY Made ACCELERATED SECONDARY ISSUE,Hope this INFO is of help,Take care,George