VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Secondary Award

Rate this question

derenick52

Question

Hey All,Have Not seen any many post's on Awards for conditions Secondary to Ptsd-it took 8 years and I Was Awarded -my Arthritis,Avascular Necrosis,Bursitis as Secondary to PTSD AT 20%,PATIENCE And 3 of there Doctors concurring,Hope this is of Helpfull info to you all,take care

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

George,

I didn't have any problems viewing your scanned documents and appreciate the fact that you've shared them with us. As Carlie mentioned, it is very hard to believe that somebody could get a secondary, such as this, to PTSD but you've proven that it can be done and these documents give explanation to the claim process.

Thanks again!

Edited by chr49

George,

I didn't have any problems viewing your scanned documents and appreciate the fact that you've shared them with us. As Carlie mentioned, it is very hard to believe that somebody could get a secondary, such as this, to PTSD but you've proven that it can be done and these documents give explanation to the claim process.

Thanks again!

Hey,Am so Glad this Info is helpfull,I believe it Extremely helped with the Fact that the VA Orthopedic doctor Made INITIAL Statement,If it Would have been a Private Practice Doctor with Initial statement I DOUBT They would have ordered the IMO At Bva,I Had 7 Awards over 8 years from Initial claim,around 15 Comp and Pension exams,the One in July 2004,POSTED WITH ANSWERS TO REFERRAL QUESTIONS-This Examiner told me he had SEVERAL Awards for his Opinions being so Accurate with No Goof ups,ACTUALLY Let me read his whole Report before I Left to be sure ALL LOOKED WELL,That NEVER happened to me before,Was sort of stunned actually,a VA Examiner can really torpedo a claim if desired,ALWAYS Get a copy of Comp and Pension exam as quickly as possible,My Initial exam on this claim-for a ORTHOPEDIC claim-was DONE by A PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT-it said PAC on REPORT-I took Copy of exam to my Private Orthopedic doctor-he Stated-Do you know this was done by a PAC-Otherwords-Physician Assistant-I IMMEDIATELY Contacted the VA And argued with them on this before they ACTED ON EXAM For a ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR Exam ,which they complied,and that is when he made His INITIAL Statement,The VA then swept it under rug for 5 years Utill at BVA,Then AS NORMAL They Rated me LOW And had to APPEAL To get the next Higher rating,which they ALWAYS DO-ALWAYS Appeal for next higher rating on any claim,My 4 Awards where all rated LOW By VA,APPEALED And GRANTED Higher rating every time,Take care

derenick,

Yes, the scans came in just fine.

I'm so glad you were able to post them as seeing is believing.

You made a believer out of me on this one for sure.

By resolving doubt in your favor due to the medical evidence

of record it certainly shows your hip disability/pain,is secondary to your PTSD

by aggravation.

This was a very good read.

I think you were real fortunate that the decision maker actually applied

what the medical providers wrote, to the regs.

I do not feel we will begin to see this happen very often, but will sure be glad if we do.

I appreciate you taking the time to post the scans - big help.

Congrats to you on this one - YIPEE.

carlie