VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kimpo Korea Agent Orange 1968

Rate this question

rcorlowski

Question

Looking for any and all government documents showing agent orange shipped into Kimpo in 1968-1969 time frame. I am applying for Agent Orange disability compensation and need to show proof of the presence of Agent orange at Kimpo AFB. I have diabetes type 2. Has anyone received approval from the VA for this disability? Any and all info you can send me would be helpful.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They used Agent Blue on the rice paddies in Vietnam.

You raised a good point. The Hatfield report of about 2 years ago found Danang Air base had levels of dioxon in the soil there that were 300 times higher than dioxin levels at Danang during the Vietnam war.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31062

• HadIt.com Elder

on the DMZ it was sprayed from hand sprayers so there would not have been the need for aircraft besides nothing could fly along the DMZ it was like painting bulls eyes on them for either side I got into an argument once at Camp Liberty Bell with an Marine Colonel and an AF general in Mosquito they wanted to land it in the DMZ and I told them they could try but they were more likely to get shot down and we couldn't even send in a medevac after them and I suggested if they had to go there that badly then they should get one of our gun jeeps and a driver when they got finished yelling at me it was about that time my CO and 1SG walked in and asked just what in the hell all the yelling was about, the General told the CO I was a smart azz buck SGT and so the CO said why what makes you think that so the General told him that I told him all he was going to do was get shot down and we couldn't even send in a medevac the 1SG started laughing and so did the CO now that really made the General mad the Marine Colonel looked like he was about to have a bowel movement they were there from 8th Army Headquarters and they were not used to DMZ soldiers

my guess back in the late 60s and early 70s the barrels of AO would have been sent in by ship from Guam and not by planes I doubt Kimpo ever saw any AO

Good point Mike- however the Korean Unit exposure list contains many units n support that I assumed were not technically in the DMZ sprayed area. I really dont know.

Also I added here some time ago the updated list to the Korean AO regs to include:

"Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Also updated to include:

Division Reaction Force 4th Squadron 7th Calvary Counter Agent Company

United Nations Command Security Battalion Joint Security Area (UNCSB -JSA)

Crew of the USS Pueblo "

What is odd to me is that I have never seen a AO claim based on exposure during the transport of the AO barrels.

I am sure some of those barrels probably opened accidently and spilled.

And that could have happened in the US of A before the AO even got overseas.

I just found three spillage of AO clams:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp05/files2/0512980.txt

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files1/0900761.txt

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp98/files4/9833902.txt

2 denied and one on remand.

These would be very difficult claims to award- in my opinion.