VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic And Bankruptcy?

teejay53

Question

hi all;

as i have had no income since oct 2009 (leg amputated & lost my husband) and have fallen way behind in all my debts, i have a question i would really like your opinions on.

i began receiving social security disability and dic lately and may have to file bankruptcy, will bankruptcy take away my benefits?

i am very worried about this and would really appreciate your opinion.

thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

hi all,

if i have to wait to file a bankruptcy and the creditors get a judgment(s) against me, can they enter my home and seize my personal possessions ... at this time i do not have the money to file.

is there anything i can do to stop the judgement(s) other than bankruptcy? i thought all the stress was over, here we go again.

i started my benefits this month and now seems all the creditors knows. haven't heard a peep from the creditors until yesterday.

thank you all for your help.

teejay

• HadIt.com Elder

TeeJay

No one can enter your home and seize things except the IRS or police with a warrent as far as I know. The creditors just ruin your credit and harass you. If you had movable property like a car or boat the person who has the title can reposses it if you don't pay. Can you borrow the money to file for bankrupcy (family or friends)? This will wrap up all the debts you owe. You need to talk to a lawyer since I am not a lawyer and you are getting advice here from those who know some law, but not all of the law.