VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope

Rate this question

ladybug200195329

Question

Hello everyone!!! I first want to say thank you. This site is a wonderful place of information and support!!! My husband is 36 y/o PTSD veteran, He was granted 100% temp 6 years ago. Since then he has continued treatment, RX, and therapy. Today is a good day!! We filed for P&T in January. Today we got the decision and it is 100% P&T!!!! WOW!!! Competency is not in question!!! I am so excited that I wanted to share this wonderful news. DAV sent an application for CHAMPVA and VA sent a pamphlet for education info!!! Very suprised at the rating after reading the QTC report!!! Dr. reported everything was normal and appropriate!!! No eye contact made by patient GAF of 46. But we have alot of reports from DR's over the last 6 years that VA decided that even though the QTC exam did not support 100 p&T the other evidence (including ssdi disability for ptsd only) that more weight was given for the 100 P&T rating!!! All I can say is A BIG SIGH! WHOO!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That is GREAT!

It appears that the VA actually considered the overwhelming evidence FOR, instead of latching onto the ONE dubious piece of evidence against..........congratulations to the VA.........maybe they are beginning to grow up and act like responsible adults.

• HadIt.com Elder

No eye contact and a GAF of 46 is significant. I am very pleased with your win.

• Founder

i can feel your relief in your post. this is great news for you and your family. PTSD is enough to deal with, without worrying how you are going to get by financially. so glad hadit.com could be of help, the members here are really great, without them, well there would be no hadit.com to speak of, just me talking to myself :)

make sure to check out your state benefits often there is a real estate or rent tax credit for 100% permanent and total disabled veterans, some states have great benefits, others just a few, but do check it out, it's worth the time. check here http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/forum/64-veterans-benefits-state-federal/ and make sure you take care of yourself, being a spouse/partner of a PTSD sufferer can be stressful. Keep encouraging him and get stress relief when you need it, thank you taking care of your veteran.

stick around if you can and lend a hand, research for veterans here or just lend a supportive comment. but most important take care of you and yours first and always.

Thanks to everyone!!! AND YES IT IS A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!! Now I just need to try and get hubby to understand that this is a good thing. I am still baffled at VA' s decision!!! I thougt for sure we would have to file a NOD for this but I guess good things can happen to good people!!! My husband now calls me the BULLDOG!! HA HA I think its kinda funny!! But dang it I am sick and tired of reading and hearing these horrible stories about how vets are treated!!! I don't think anyone would ever wish to have the problems and hurddles they have now caused by the VA! REALLY< let's get a grip and do the right thing VA!!! One thing that had helped is I have saved every piece of paper ever written by military pre discharge to every paper post military!! I am not saying that everthing is peachy keen now but I will say that this hurddle is over for now!!! We will jump the next one when we get to it. With my husband being so young I am sure there will be another exam around the corner somewhere but for now we will JUST BREATHE FOR A CHANGE (or at least I will try), he is still on pins and needles!!! I will do what ever is necessary to help him and my family to not be ran over by the VA. I want us to be able to enjoy our girls and help them as well!! THANK YOU FOR THiS SITE AND THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO VENT AND ASK QUESTION THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ANYWHERE ELSE!!! THANKS HADIT!!

This is WONDERFUL news!!!!

CHAMPVA is GREAT and I also have used the DEA CHapter 35 benefit to fnish my degree. That too is a wonderful benefit.

"VA decided that even though the QTC exam did not support 100 p&T the other evidence (including ssdi disability for ptsd only) that more weight was given for the 100 P&T rating!!! All I can say is A BIG SIGH! WHOO! "

They did the right thing here!

When my husband was awarded for PTSD by SSA they used his VA medical records and a few other EEOC and ADA case records he had.

It took them almost 6 years however to award VA SC at 100% P & T for PTSD. He had been dead already by then for over 3 years.

Figure that. The VA would not even consider his own extensive VA psychiatric records. But the SSA did.

I got so mad at the last denial for a higher rating (he was 30% from VA in his lifetime)I went right over to his VA shrink's office and got the shrink to write a letter to the Buffalo VARO.I also asked for copies of all of his psychiatric tests and hypnosis records etc and sent them priority to the VA.

With 3-4 weeks the VA award letter came.

It amazes me that SSA had these records but they mysteriously disappeared from his med recs by time the med recs got back from SSA to Buffalo VA.

The VA eveh told 2 Senators and my Congressman that the SSA had refused to send their findings to the VA.

It was a lie. Even with his authorization form signed and n the C file ( I checked)for years the VA would not request these SSA records.

An SSA award solely for an established SC disabilty is prime facie evidence of either TDIU or 100% P & T SC.

This is great news!