VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope

Rate this question

ladybug200195329

Question

Hello everyone!!! I first want to say thank you. This site is a wonderful place of information and support!!! My husband is 36 y/o PTSD veteran, He was granted 100% temp 6 years ago. Since then he has continued treatment, RX, and therapy. Today is a good day!! We filed for P&T in January. Today we got the decision and it is 100% P&T!!!! WOW!!! Competency is not in question!!! I am so excited that I wanted to share this wonderful news. DAV sent an application for CHAMPVA and VA sent a pamphlet for education info!!! Very suprised at the rating after reading the QTC report!!! Dr. reported everything was normal and appropriate!!! No eye contact made by patient GAF of 46. But we have alot of reports from DR's over the last 6 years that VA decided that even though the QTC exam did not support 100 p&T the other evidence (including ssdi disability for ptsd only) that more weight was given for the 100 P&T rating!!! All I can say is A BIG SIGH! WHOO!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I JUST WISH THAT ALL CLAMS COULD BE AS HAPPY AS THIS ONE!! I KNOW THEY ARE NOT!! AND THAT IS A SHAME. THESE MEN AND WOMEN THAT SERVE ALL OF US NEVER ASKED FOR THE REPROCUSIONS OF MILITARY TIME!!! WE ARE BLESSED BUT FEEL SORROW AT THE SAME TIME FOR ALL OF THOSE STILL PLAYING THE VA GAME. OUR FIRST CLAIM TOOK 1 YEAR ALMOST TO THE DAY AFTER DENIAL LETTER AND A REVERSE OF NOT IN THE LINE OF DUTY WHICH WAS OVERTURNED. OUR SECOND CLAIM 6 YEARS LATER TOOK 5 MONTHS START TO FINISH. WITH MY HUSBANDS AGE WE WERE TOLD THAT HE WILL BE LCKY TO GET 50% BUT, IN THE END I FEEL THIS IS THE RIGHT DECISION. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT HE IS GOING THROUGH BUT PTSD DOES NOT ONLY AFFECT VETS WE ARE ALL LIVING THIS TOGETHER AS A FAMILY!!! WHAT EVER WAY I CAN HELP I WILL!!!!!! I WILL BE LURKING AROUND ON HERE TO HELP IF I CAN ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU HADIT AND OF IT'S MEMBERS FOR WONDERFUL INFO AND ADVISE!!!!!!