VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Denied Despite What C&p Doctor Said

Rate this question

SaintX

Question

I recently got my rating back and was denied IU. Although the C&P exam Dr. wrote that I was unable to work due to my SCCs. I also sent paperwork from the treating Doctors saying I was unable to perform my duties/job. This rater also decided not to use any of the things the C&P doctor said, because it would have granted me IU. I have filed NOD, but this shows how broken this system is and why there is such a "backlog".

They are so busy trying to deny us. Now I guarantee had that Doc wrote there is no reason he could not work all the information would have been used. Just MHO. Any thoughts?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I recently got my rating back and was denied IU. Although the C&P exam Dr. wrote that I was unable to work due to my SCCs. I also sent paperwork from the treating Doctors saying I was unable to perform my duties/job. This rater also decided not to use any of the things the C&P doctor said, because it would have granted me IU. I have filed NOD, but this shows how broken this system is and why there is such a "backlog".

They are so busy trying to deny us. Now I guarantee had that Doc wrote there is no reason he could not work all the information would have been used. Just MHO. Any thoughts?

I don't know if you have gotten a copy of the C&P exam, but if not get it. Also, you have a year from the date stamped on the SOC denial to file a NOD. Use the time wisely, gather more medical documentation to support your claim then ask for a DRO hearing when you file the NOD. The hearing is the best, because you can argue your case, and point out that their own C&P doctor stated you were unemployable. This is very winable just stick with it.

JMO,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Now is the most important time frame in your claims process.

What did the reasons and basis say on the deniial.

Is there any medical opinions against you.

The RO's have to have a pretty solid medical reason to over ride a MD.

This does occurr but I think it is done to stretch your claim out over time.

Now may be a good time to bring in an Attorney. You need something to shake them up.

The important thing is your next move. Ask for reconsiderzation, DRO, BVA?

All 3 are going to take time so I would request a De noveau Review.

If you have a rep, I would consider an Attorney.

J

I don't know if you have gotten a copy of the C&P exam, but if not get it. Also, you have a year from the date stamped on the SOC denial to file a NOD. Use the time wisely, gather more medical documentation to support your claim then ask for a DRO hearing when you file the NOD. The hearing is the best, because you can argue your case, and point out that their own C&P doctor stated you were unemployable. This is very winable just stick with it.

JMO,

Bergie

Bergie,

I do have a copy of the C&P exam, in fact, that's what I used to quote what their doctor was saying, and I have also submitted the paperwork for DRO hearing. It just boggles the mind how they think we are all stupid. I really hope more of us VETS get on this site and use all the information provided to beat these guys. It's like war all over again. Thanks!!!!

Now is the most important time frame in your claims process.

What did the reasons and basis say on the deniial.

Is there any medical opinions against you.

The RO's have to have a pretty solid medical reason to over ride a MD.

This does occurr but I think it is done to stretch your claim out over time.

Now may be a good time to bring in an Attorney. You need something to shake them up.

The important thing is your next move. Ask for reconsiderzation, DRO, BVA?

All 3 are going to take time so I would request a De noveau Review.

If you have a rep, I would consider an Attorney.

J

Thanks JB,

I have submitted the paperwork, and you know I realize this is a stall tactic, but when I was a supervisor and I wanted to get people to do more, I would pick the person I knew would do it. Sometimes you just have to let some of these go and say "Well we won't win this one, let's move to the next."

But it seems they try to win them all. That's my next step looking for an attorney. Because I was also denied the 1151, which the C&P doctor and my medical show they caused my RSD/Nerve Damage. They never cease to amaze.

• HadIt.com Elder

Guess I'm just a simple guy, don't understand attorney talk. Just an oservation, the can't "perform duties/job" doesn't say you can't perform any job. Get the point, there is a difference & just maybe the wording could be part of your problem. Probably not that simple, but think about it. Good luck with your claim.

Don