VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer Longer Than 5 Years.

Rate this question

texal1

Question

I FILED FOR PROSTATE CANCER IN 2004. AFTER DENIALS AND MUCH TESTING, FINALLY WAS APPROVED IN 2007& RETRO PAID BACK TO APRIL, 2004. HAD SEED IMPLANTS IN FEB. 2008 BY PRIVATE DOCTORS. PSA WENT FROM 14+ TO .070. LOST PRIVATE INSURANCE, AND USED VA. EXAMINED NOV. 2009. OUT SOURCED VA DR. WROTE CANCER STILL ACTIVE WITH A PSA OF .70, ACTIVE TREATMENT STILL ON GOING UNTIL MAY 2009. C&P EXAMINE IN NOV. 2009, WHICH CONSISTED OF TOUCHING MY ANKLES, PRESSING ON MY KIDNEYS, AND USING 6 MONTH OLD BLOOD RESULTS, AND A PSA TEST .037. VA WANTED TO REDUCE MY RATING FROM 100% TO 60% FOR RESIDUALS. VSO AND I FILED FOR A HEARING ON THE GROUNDS OF NOT PREFORMING A FULLY AND COMPLETE EXAM, REGULATION OF 5 YEARS RE-EXAMS, OVER 55 YEARS OLD. MY QUESTION IS: WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF KEEPING MY 100% RATING?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This recent BVA decision shows how prostate cancer residuals are rated:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files1/1011587.txt

"AND A PSA TEST .037" was that an old test?

Do you have copy of the actual C & P exam?

"WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF KEEPING MY 100% RATING?" if your medical evidence warrants a continued 100% they should grant it- but I dont know if it does.

Does your SO have a copy of your med recs?

As Pete mentioned-has the SO suggested you apply for TDIU?

Are you able to work?

Welcome to Hadit

NO, I HAVEN'T WORKED FOR THREE YEARS. CAN NOT WORK BECAUSE OF PROSTATE RESIDUALS(LEAKAGE), PTSD, AND HEARING LOSS.

MY REAL QUESTION IS: AM I CURED OF CANCER WITH AN EXAM OF 5 MINUTES DURATION, TOUCHING MY ANKLES, PRESSING ON MY BACK, AND 6 MONTH OLD BLOOD WORK? YES, THE PSA 0.375 WAS CURRENT AT TIME. IS THIS REALLY A FULL AND COMPLETE EXAM? TWO MONTHS LATER, DURING A HOSPITAL STAY FOR KIDNEY PROBLEMS AT THE VA, MY PSA WAS 0.250. DOCTOR TREATING ME FOR KIDNEY PROBLEMS SAYS THE SEEDS ARE "PROBABLY" STILL ACTIVE.

Are you rated as SC for the PTSD and/or the hearing loss?

Do you receive SSA disability for any or all SC conditions you have?

I suggest as part of the appeal (your VSO sounds very proactive here)tp also apply for TDIU. I will attach the TDIU form.

If you get SSDI for SC check yes to # 18.

Under # 25 Remarks refer them to additional page and put ypour C file nm,ber,name and address on it and then tell them exactly how your SCs prevent you from employment.

Tell them the side affects of any SC meds and tell them your PTSD has been compounded by this serious and service induced disease ( the cancer)

Can you expand on the "KIDNEY PROBLEMS"? Was the kidney ssue raised as a secondary claim?

Can you tell me the exact medical diagnosis of your kidney problems?

ooops forgot to attach this.Give your rep my suggestions here and see what he says.

Even if they reduce the 100%, you could still maintain the 100% comp rate if they award TDIU.

Did VA Voc Rehab ever turn you down due to your SCs? If so that too is prime facie evidence of unemployablitiy due to service.

TDIU 21-8940.pdf

ooops forgot to attach this.Give your rep my suggestions here and see what he says.

Even if they reduce the 100%, you could still maintain the 100% comp rate if they award TDIU.

Did VA Voc Rehab ever turn you down due to your SCs? If so that too is prime facie evidence of unemployablitiy due to service.

SEEN MY VA REP YESTERDAY, ASKED HIM ABOUT THE HEARING THAT WE REQUESTED THE END OF NOV. 2009, OVER EIGHT MONTHS AGO. LOOKED IT UP, AND "THEY ARE STILL LOOKING AT IT, MAYBE IT WILL GO AWAY, PROBABLY BACKLOGGED AND LOOKING INTO OTHER CASES". COULD NOT FILE FOR UNEMPLOYABILITY WHILE STILL 100%. BY THE WAY, THIS ALL STARTED WITH A "PROPOSED" REDUCTION. GUESS, JUST HURRY UP AND WAIT.