VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Education For An 18 Year Old Dependant

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

I need to find the form to fill out so I can keep my 18 year old on my claim. She is 18 but still going to school and starts college in the fall. Anyone know where the form is?

Thanks

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

File a Claim to establish the earliest effectice date!

By all means, find the right VA Form, tell her which one it is, she asked on the 4th of July amd didn't get an answer --that's almost a month's worth of basic rate. ~Wings

I am going to state the obvious:

WHY didn't YOU tell her? Instead of twisting off on me for not telling her, after all, you were the one that responded to her FIRST and did not tell her.

BTW, the reason that I did NOT respond sooner than this to her enquiry is the simple fact that I've been kinda BUSY, what with trying to help my OTHER veterans that ALSO need help and that have sought ME out to help them.

Sheeeesh, but I'm tired.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

I am going to state the obvious:

WHY didn't YOU tell her? Instead of twisting off on me for not telling her, after all, you were the one that responded to her FIRST and did not tell her.

BTW, the reason that I did NOT respond sooner than this to her enquiry is the simple fact that I've been kinda BUSY, what with trying to help my OTHER veterans that ALSO need help and that have sought ME out to help them.

Sheeeesh, but I'm tired.

x

x

x

"my other veterans" lol!

Larry, I did not KNOW which FORMS were the correct ones, so I left that to the professionals. I just know that you gotta fill out all the papers the VA sends you (on time) --but I also know you can write the VA on a plain piece of paper, and then hope the service officers can de-code the handwriting later on down the claims messy history lol! Sorry larry, I am tired too. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

"my other veterans" lol! Yes, believe it or not I have, at last count, 227 veterans that I hold Power of Attorney for, and have filed various claims, etc., for them. I know that you must find that "funny" but, I do not, and it's to them that I owe my primary responsibility, and Hadit.com comes second along with the posters on the hadit board. Funny, maybe, but I'm not laughing.

Larry, I did not KNOW which FORMS were the correct ones, so I left that to the professionals. I just know that you gotta fill out all the papers the VA sends you (on time) --but I also know you can write the VA on a plain piece of paper, and then hope the service officers can de-code the handwriting later on down the claims messy history lol! Sorry larry, I am tired too. ~Wings

Hey - there is no need for all this.

The OP's post was answered correctly ON THE SAME day the post was made.

Pete992 provided a link to the correct VA Form on July 4 th.

Can't we all just remember we are all volunteers and people choose to answer what

they feel they can add OR NOT ANSWER - it's the volunteers prerogative.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I'm sorry Larry. 227 Veterans is about 226 too many for me. I can only, barely take care of myself. I come to Hadit.com to maybe, just maybe, possibly -- pass on something of valuable along the way. And I think you missed the point I was sayin: that yes, I agree with you --it is best to send the correct form in the first instance --IF the veteran has a computer and IF the veterans has printer, ink, paper, etc, but I would not discorage a veteran from writing a letter to the best of his or her abilty and mail it to the VA ASAP. This is to establish the effective date of claim. The VA is supposed to send the correct form, it's on them! I don't know what you are SC for, maybe some PTSD, but it dooes sort of mess with our sense of humor. "my veterans" simply means that I am not one of yours lol! I'll try to lighten up a little ;-) ~Wings