VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went To Authorization But Sent Back To Rating Board?

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Well called 800# Monday about claim from March 2005 and was told that the Claim had a decision but it was waiting to be signed off. Called yesterday and was told by a different Rep that tha claim had went to the Authorization department but had been sent back to the ratings board . He said has it had some type of code(4192) and they had moved the date to June 4 to be acted upon i guess. Had anyone ever had any experience with something like this. :mellow:

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Kenny -I found this in M21-1:

" (6) 4192 FROM EMPLOYER. This field is used to generate a letter to the former employer at the address shown in the name and address field requesting completion and return of VA Form 21-4192."

But it seems to be that letter would have been generated long ago if you are in rating board after authorization-

Would it make sense?that they needed to check with a former employer you had? Maybe they are waiting for one reply-to the 4192 request?

The only other thing I found at M21-1 with this 4192 in it -is this- basically the same thing:

b. Employment. VA Form 21-8940 requires the veteran to furnish an employment history for the 5-year period preceding the date on which the veteran claims to have become too disabled to work and for the entire time after that date. It is essential that VA Form 21-8940 contain the work history. In addition, request each employer during the 12-month period prior to the date the veteran last worked to complete and return a VA Form 21-4192, “Request for Employment Information in Connection with Claim for Disability Benefits.” Forms indicating only that the veteran retired will routinely require additional development to obtain information as to whether the veteran’s retirement was by reason of disability, and if so, the nature of the disability for which retired.

They said three authorizors signed off on one of my claims Jan 30,2006 then it went to rating board- still there- then I got a letter to verify my marital status-

it almost seems like what you are going through-

the claims get to rating, someone has authorized and signed them- but they dont have all the info yet that they need and it sits at a rating board until they get it. That seems odd to me and different from the way it used to be-

???