VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Launches Development Of New Online Claims System

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

Is there any reason this forum doesn't have a Facebook page?

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1919

This is 10 years overdue, IMHO. If the IRS can automate, why can't we???

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is there any reason this forum doesn't have a Facebook page?

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1919

This is 10 years overdue, IMHO. If the IRS can automate, why can't we???

Yup, and 20 years from now, it will simply be 20 years overdue.

I have spent the last 8 months EIGHT MONTHS waiting. Waiting for the VA to provide me with printer access at the VA Medical Center in Dallas, WHERE I HAVE AN OFFICE PROVIDED BY THE VAMC!

If it takes more than EIGHT MONTHS for them to figure out how to hook up a printer to the VA PROVIDED DESKTOP COMPUTER..........theen how long to you think it'll take to TOTALLY "COMPUTERIZE" ANYTHING?

When I want to print anything, then I have to SNEAK-copy my work to........................ooooooops, I never said that........cancel that.......never happened.....

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

VA says:

" it represents a significant step towards meeting VA’s goal to “break the back of the claims backlog” and provide all Veterans with high quality decisions on their claims in no more than 125 days"

Engrish translation:

"The VA will have high quality ways to issue denials faster than ever."

I agree with Larry. We will not be seeing this system anytime soon. Something this complex will take a couple of years to develop and be bug-ridden forever afterwords.

• HadIt.com Elder

Engrish translation:

"The VA will have high quality ways to issue denials faster than ever."

"Engrish", really? Although I do believe that sometimes the VA does speak someother form of "Engrish" than I.

The VA will have high quality, electronic ways to issue denials, instead of the old rubber-stamp and black ink pad method. Now, that's KEWL, right?

Its a significant step in claims processing. Instead of having 1,000,000 claim backlog, we will have a 0 backlog and a 1.1 million backlog of appeals, which take about 8 times longer than claims.

LOL, the "Press Release" doesn't give a time line for the start up of the program. My guess is 2015 at the earliest. By then they will have spent 560 Million Bucks on it, it won't work and those 1 Million Vets in the back log will be dead. That's their solution.......

• HadIt.com Elder

LOL, the "Press Release" doesn't give a time line for the start up of the program. My guess is 2015 at the earliest. By then they will have spent 560 Million Bucks on it, it won't work and those 1 Million Vets in the back log will be dead. That's their solution.......

And, there it is.