VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Notice On A Holiday

Rate this topic

Steppenwolf

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

I'm not a drinker, but in this case I may make an exception, make mine ice cold and dirty. Seriously though Steppenwolf I am very happy for you. Good on ya, brother.

WOW wonderful News Steppenwolf!!!!!- I will play my CD in praise of your persistence and drink some cold Fresca pop to celebrate with you!

• HadIt.com Elder

Ah AH Way to go Steppin' !! Whats best is that you n'er' gave in or gave up. Diligence to get whats due wins ya know. All the best and i'll have a 'lady size' cool one!

Thanks to all for the congrats.

A kinda strange thing happens with me when i get good news. To go into details here about what that is might tarnish the "success" board. But since you guys are my brothers and sisters i want to talk some about it in another board to see if i'm not only the Steppenwolf but also the Lone Wolf.

Thanks again!

Stepp

Steppenwolf -many here- myself included- find a VA victory brings on a let down, depression, a feeling of isolation and exhaustion and a myraid of emotions. It is very hard to put down the weapons too and also realize that an award really validates how severe a service disability really is.

For 1151/ FTCA issues an award can be even worse-when one realizes their disability was caused by the VA itself.

For my husband his SSA award at first was good news,financially, but then the realization he would never work again was devastating to him.He said if the VA could offer brain surgery to cure PTSD-he would try to be first in line for that surgery.

We yippee and yahoo about anyone when they succeed on their claim but we also never forget the sacrifice that led them to the award letter.

I think sometimes we are all 'lone wolfs' in our deepest feelings when we succeed with the VA. My last award letter made me angry.15 years after his death, the VA finally got my husband's actual diagnoses correct.

My IMOs and my other evidence got them correct- that is- and the VA finally had no way to challenge the claim.I am still angry about their medical incompetence.and their futile attempt to cover it up and as I mentioned here the other day somewhere- the 1998 1151 award letter still gives me chills to read their admissions of malpractice.

If you have mixed feelings or find yourself ina different place emotionally because of the award-MANY here know just what you mean and you are not alone in those feelings.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use