VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Disability Protection Act 2010

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I can see this benefiting veterans. I would allow one exception but It is a touchy subject so I will refrain from discussion.

J

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

We have a law on the books and some courts are choosing to ignore the law.

What difference would it make if we got another new law on the books? It is likely that the same courts would also choose to ignore the new law.

I disagree with this bill ,have had interactions with some of the veterans who are pushing for this ,and I don't foresee it's passage at all but ,long story there-

Carlie- I see no association here to Section 1151 claims at all. Perhaps that will be added to this draft (do they have any Congressional sponsors at all)?

I think your question is-if a vet gets a Section 1151 award would this bill prevent any state child support money due their spouse from coming out of the vet's 1151 compensation?

I don't know and last I heard this bill would affect only less then 50 veterans in the USA who are angry that VA has garnished their VA comp for child support.

I could be wrong there too.

Child support laws are state laws and I do not foresee 38 CFR being altered to accommodate state court laws on child support/alimony etc.Or to change them.

I think it would be great for disabled veterans so that basically means that it won't pass. Child support is one thing, but alimony should not be taken out of disability benefits.

Carlie- I see no association here to Section 1151 claims at all. Perhaps that will be added to this draft (do they have any Congressional sponsors at all)?

I think your question is-if a vet gets a Section 1151 award would this bill prevent any state child support money due their spouse from coming out of the vet's 1151 compensation?

Berta,

I am referring to something more along the lines of if a claimant has filed both

a FTC and an 1151 claim - and both claims were awarded - if it will be possible

to apply this "Disability Protection Act 2010" in regards to any offset between the FTC and the 1151 ?

carlie