VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Service At 'away' Va Med Centers

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Just inquring how a Veteran is normally treated at a "Away' VA clinic while traveling or visiting another area? Did that once and was shocked having to 're-register' to that particular VA, Sure feels like the VA med centers aren't participating together on a single data base. A process that could take as little as 30 minutes took 5 times as long, going thru several receptionists/checkin clerks,,,

My question is 'Whats Normal' about getting simple primary care at any VA ?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Depends on the location they used to not have access to your records but my experience was not good. They will see you if its an emergency.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I discovered this recently while looking into getting an electronic copy of my VAMC treatment records. The southeast regions did not have the capability to provide the data on CD/DVD format. After talking with some folks here on hadit, I learned that other regions had that capability. I called some of the other regions, like California, to see if they could make a disc containing my records and ship it to my VAMC. They could not even see me in the system. I checked a couple of other regions and to find the same situation.

My experience was also not great.

I went to Ft Richardson (Helena) Montana ER for shortness of breath. There was an issue with me not being in their system but they got me in ER fairly quickly for treatment.

I was outta blood pressure meds because the mail thing doesn't work for me right now- I only get mail every 2 to 3 months.

They gave me a little medicine but said I had to have a Montana address to get in their system and get more.

So I got a P.O. box in Butte and when I returned for in-processing was able to get 3 months of BP meds. Couldn't be seen in Butte cuz their CBOC is full.

Why isn't the System national?

I also had to cross country for C & P exams. Seems like if they're uniform I could get an exam in Connecticut for a claim in Oregon.

Edited by Notorious Kelly

• HadIt.com Elder

And.............this is the very SAME U. S. Dept. of Vegetarian Affairs that Gen. Sincity says is gonna be all hooked up with a universal computerized claim-filing, medical records, pharmacy and VBA "global-network" in just a few months?

uh-huh

meanwhile, I think I'm gonna go bar-b-que me a goat. it's hotter-n-hell here, time for a bbq and a cold Shiner Bock!

BTW, do not hold yer breath about the VA thing..........it ain't heppinin in our lifestime!

just sayin.............

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I also had to cross country for C & P exams. Seems like if they're uniform I could get an exam in Connecticut for a claim in Oregon.

I hope they paid you mileage for that trip!