VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Service At 'away' Va Med Centers

Rate this topic

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I winter in Arizona on the Nevada border. I have used both Las Vegas and Kingman/Prescott Az. VAMC. I live in Idaho and use Spokane Wa/Coeur d'Alene Id. VAMC. They all seem to have access to each others records. I had a GI bleed in Az and was hospitalized in Az and Nv. Confuses them a little though. I had to register at each states VAMC, but had no trouble getting treated anywhere. Also they now have a change of address form on prescriptions and you can change addresses temprarily.

• 1 year later...

I would like to offer 2 cents to all of you considering for financial reasons, a change to the Philippine VA.

A whole lot of veterans live here, most of us do so or did so as we thought we would be homeless in the US...This was one way we "Thought " we could beat the low grade in Dollars we were getting. An Example 50 % gave you 900.00 US dollars per month. The only place I could find to live in the US was a Farmers pasture in my own tent. This was in the richest area of The Bay Area of California. The Napa wine country. You cannot rent a garage for 900 per month.If you are over 100% and you are over 180 % and you move to the Philippines, you are in for a shock. The VA here will refill your medications, and that is it....oh I forgot a flu shot once in awhile. No diagnostic treatment, other than xray, I asked the Patient advocate there if they would pay if I went into the hospital related to my heart condition, ( I am 100 % for that ) He said , Probably not. This was his written response. Lets say you are in our facility and you are having a heart attack, the DR will see you if they have time......It is your choice to sit on the curb and wait for an ambulance or to go home and die. We have no control of the event.

His words verbatim:

Dear Mr. ,

The VA Clinic in Manila has a unique eligibility regulation that has limited scope. The Clinic can only accommodate service connected veterans for mostly service connected care. If the care needed is not service connected, it is most likely that our Veterans will have to pay out of pocket and get care from the community. Complications to service connected disabilities are also not automatically considered as part of a service connected disability unless otherwise rated by the Regional Office as a secondary to a primary service connected disability.

Please understand that these limitations are only applicable in the Philippines being a facility outside the United States. Unless laws pertaining to these regulations are not amended, revised or charged, the scope of care provided by the VA Clinic in Manila remains limited.

So bottom line.....Your 100% or heart disease related to Agent Orange. The government will read word for word your award....if the exact wording is not used by the admitting DR....you will pay for it your self.

They will not treat you or help you. I've been here 5 years, nothing has changed except they built a New 150 million dollar facility and they all have very nice offices, but no additional benefit or care for the US veterans that are here. I wrote to many different politicos, Not one had the Grapes to answer my questions.

Warning: Do not come to the Philippines, Doing so will be hazardous to your health. Your Service to your country, DOES NOT MATTER HERE.