VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Advice Please!

Rate this question

jeff

Question

I have a friend who is a Viet Nam vet, his case was remanded back from CAVC to somewhere, BVA/ RO whatever. I need to know if he should just start all over and file new claims for what he is seeking or see what happens with the remanded claims? Some of his claims were were denied at the CAVC and say final, I have no idea what that means. Can he reopen those that were denied at the CAVC if he submits new evidence or can he just refile new claims for those cases too? Thanks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

...............oh yeah, one other thing:

Who has his Power of Attorney?

• HadIt.com Elder

The question Berta asked about if the vet had a lawyer represent him at the CAVA is key since the lawyer would be the one to question about waiting for result of remands or starting over. The lawyer invests time and money in these claims so he surely wants to win so he can collect. I would think the lawyer would not have taken the case unless he thought he could win.

Thats pretty funny Larry, even though its about true. I didnt even look at your prior post there. The legion he said he got rid of as his POA. As far as the lawyers he said work off some grant and do not take from the Vet when the case is resolved. I saw in the CAVC where some of the claims for service connection were denied and and I believe they said final, does that make a difference or what can be done? I am just overwhelmed with this and I want to help what ever it takes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thats pretty funny Larry, even though its about true. I didnt even look at your prior post there. The legion he said he got rid of as his POA. As far as the lawyers he said work off some grant and do not take from the Vet when the case is resolved. I saw in the CAVC where some of the claims for service connection were denied and and I believe they said final, does that make a difference or what can be done? I am just overwhelmed with this and I want to help what ever it takes.

You're a good lad, you know.

Go buy the plywood (buy it at Home Depot, they give discount for disabled veterans)

When you get the plywood, start by seperating all his correspondence for each claimed condition, etc.

Start with his first claim and the VA's first SOC....figure out what evidence they had and what evidence they made their decision upon, and what OTHER evidence that they said they needed and if this additional evidence was ever provided to them and when it was provided.

Then figure out WHERE that claim has gone and what the disposition was and if all the conditions were denied or some were and some weren't and which ones went on to the BVA and which were remanded and which went to the Court and which ones were remanded and what the BVA or the CAVC said for the RO to do (what was the wording of the remand) so that you will know what additional information that the RO needs to rule in your buddy's favor.

On second thought, while you are at Home Depot, might as well buy TWO sheets of plywood, 'cause I think we just used up all of the first sheet......................

Go buy the plywood (buy it at Home Depot, they give discount for disabled veterans)

When you get the plywood, start by seperating all his correspondence for each claimed condition, etc.

On second thought, while you are at Home Depot, might as well buy TWO sheets of plywood, 'cause I think we just used up all of the first sheet......................

LMAO Larry!

I lived in a studio apartment (where plywood wouldn't have fit) but my floor was pretty full with "piles of evidence" ;)