VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prescribed Seroquel

Rate this topic

Hello to all,

I am also on Seroquel 300 mg per night. If I take it in the mornings I am normally, drowsy within an hour. Lately, I have noticed that my hands, and feet seem to lock up. I don't know if this is a direct side effect, because I am also taking other medicaitons for my depression, panic attack, anxiety disorder.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Seroquel is probably the drug that makes your hands and feet "lock up". The older anti-psychotics like stelazine would twist your whole body into "lock up". Your doctor needs to know about the "lock up" symptoms.

• HadIt.com Elder

Seroquel works well for me.

I haven't had labs drawn in almost 2 years so I don't know

if it has elevated anything or not.

Carlie - no labs in 2 yrs??? WTF??? Are you playing ignorance is the best care??? I'd get labs, asap! and every 3 months after! The best defense is a strong offense!!! Think about your partner! jmo

pr

PR, you talk as though one can just tell the clinic/doctor that you want labs done. I have an appt. at the end of this month with my PCP, no labs were requested, again. I had labs done about 6 months ago, but they were "non-fasting" so didn't really seem to matter.

I'm on Seroquel as well, only 150 mg. I also take 2mg of clonazepam regularly at night, plus 1mg of ativan if I feel antsy (most nights). I've been on citalopram for 5 years, and the psychiatrist is weaning me off it to switch me to something else. (finally!).

I have waaaaay more flat blah days than .... well, I don't know what else. What does not being depressed feel like? It was amazing to be able to fall asleep at night, but the nightmares begin around 4 am, so the stuff wears off.

Based on my utter lack of enthusiasm for just about anything, I think I can say that I'm more depressed now than ever. Too pfzzzzzt to even come here most days.... that's pretty bad.

I'm just tired and don't care much about anything at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hedgay

It is probably the Seroquel that is making you feel blah! You know it is an anti-psychotic. It is a powerful tranquilizer and with the 2mg of clonzepam you must feel pretty sleepy and sedated. The VA needs to do labs on you and Carlie to see what these drugs are doing to you.

i have not had labs for a while( i have been on serquel for 13 years now)) i just dont want to they offer but i am just tired of trying to figure out what is best ,, as long as i get by day after day and i seem to be doing just that i want nothing to do with the VA or the doctors ... Seems every time i get a different doctor they want to prove to ???? that they are smarter then the last one and its lets change stuff and then i go thru all these different changes and in the end i go back to what works.. I have a friend who has cancer found out 7 years ago and they told him get to chemo NOW or he might only last 2 years??? My mother had cancer and when they found out it was too late she did not even know she was sick so she went to chemo and the chemo destroyed her so i have strong feelings on when its my time its my time.